PDA

View Full Version : Thank You White Blaze Community!

Special K
03-21-2013, 21:45
I will be leaving for my thru-hike in about a week. After next week I won't be posting here for (hopefully) 6 months. :)

I don't plan to blog or journal or bring any electronic devices other than a cheap TracPhone. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "THANK YOU" to all of you who have taken the time to respond to my questions even though I'm sure you've heard them all a thousand times before. I appreciate it more than you know! As a result, I am more prepared than I ever thought I could be just 7 months ago.

I also want to say "THANK YOU" for all the comic relief! I have literally laughed out loud a couple of times and have come to realize that all you Grumpys, Humpties, Dumpties, Creakies, Oldies, Lonelys, or whatever your calling yourself these days, are really just "hard candy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside".:p

There are so many forums these days that are made up of nasty, mean spirited "experts" who have nothing better to do than to pontificate their expertise from the safety of their armchairs. People who truly want to learn, can't. Dog Forums come to mind. :( In any event, I have not found that to be the case here. You guys (and gals) seem to be a nice, blended family of sorts. HikerMom, you seem to be the voice of reason and I have really enjoyed your posts.

Without WhiteBlaze I would be carrying a 50 lb pack up Springer Mountain instead of a 26 lb one. I can't say enough about all the information that is readily available here and all that I've been able to learn because of WB. Thank you attroll for creating such a GREAT forum!

God Bless,

Special K

HikerMom58
03-21-2013, 22:33
Aww... thanks so much for the huge compliment, Special K. We are like a big family & we get on each others last nerve, at times. :eek:

I'm so glad you received everything you came to this site for... :) (and more :p)

That pack weight is GREAT!

THANK YOU for taking the time to let us know how you were helped.

I wish you the very best on your hike. We'll be thinking of you. Be sure to come right back here to let us know how your hike went and what you learned etc...

God Bless you, Special K
Hope to hear back from you.

rocketsocks
03-21-2013, 22:37
Special K, have a wonderful hike, check in when you can, would love to hear how it's going. Peace

prain4u
03-21-2013, 22:44
Happy trails to you...until we met again!
Happy trails to you--keep smiling until then!

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and think 'bout sunny weather!

Happy trails to you--til we meet again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6c0RyCYdyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPh39xU3As

Swordpen
03-22-2013, 00:22
I am smiling as I write this, have a GREAT time!

me too,white blaze has helped me go from a 42# pack, to a 25# pack (spent a lot of money this year, on gear, but from reading the wrong type of forums (bushcrafting types, etc).

You will have a great a great time!

slbirdnerd
03-22-2013, 08:48
Have a great hike!

RCBear
03-22-2013, 20:24
Have an awesome hike SK! Katahdin or bust! If you stick to a 6 mo pace, me and the gizzy bear may see you at the end. We will be doing the HMW end of Aug. Be safe :)

Special K
03-22-2013, 20:31
Have an awesome hike SK! Katahdin or bust! If you stick to a 6 mo pace, me and the gizzy bear may see you at the end. We will be doing the HMW end of Aug. Be safe :)

Thanks so much! That would be great to meet at the end! Both of you enjoy your hike! :sun

hikerboy57
03-22-2013, 21:06
Thanks so much! That would be great to meet at the end! Both of you enjoy your hike! :sun

hope you catch up to us.see you on the trail.

Special K
03-22-2013, 21:19
hope you catch up to us.see you on the trail.

Ditto!! :)

gizzy bear
03-22-2013, 21:52
Have a fantastic hike ... Be careful & hope to see you around katahdin !!! Would like to have a pic of me pushin RCBear off the knife edge ;) best of luck!!!! :D

Malto
03-22-2013, 22:12
Good luck on your hike. If you pm me when when you get to Duncannon pa I can make sure you get the best that Hershey PA has to offer.

HikerMom58
03-22-2013, 22:16
Good luck on your hike. If you pm me when when you get to Duncannon pa I can make sure you get the best that Hershey PA has to offer.

I will go along with this same thought... when you come close in to Daleville, VA, message me, I'll help you out any way I can. :)

Special K
03-22-2013, 23:04

Nice, really nice people here!

Special K
03-22-2013, 23:05
I will go along with this same thought... when you come close in to Daleville, VA, message me, I'll help you out any way I can. :)

HikerMom,

Thank you for the nice offer. Will you be doing any hiking this year?

Train Wreck
03-23-2013, 00:55

Special K
03-23-2013, 01:10

Hmmmmm........

Train Wreck
03-23-2013, 01:31
Hmmmmm........

you sicko! get thyself to the cafe!

Special K
03-23-2013, 13:20
you sicko! Get thyself to the cafe!

baaah, haaaa, haaaa, haa!! :d

FatHead64
03-23-2013, 13:35
baaah, haaaa, haaaa, haa!! :d

.................:banana

HikerMom58
03-23-2013, 15:01
HikerMom,

Thank you for the nice offer. Will you be doing any hiking this year?

Yes, SK, I will.... I'll be going out to hike PA in May. I'll be back the end of May so I don't think I'll miss too many hikers going through Daleville! :)

WILLIAM HAYES
03-23-2013, 16:58
post a pic on whiteblaze when you make it to the Big K

Special K
03-23-2013, 17:01
post a pic on whiteblaze when you make it to the Big K

Sure will. That would be a dream come true!