PDA

View Full Version : Time needed to send resupplies from Los Angeles

jj442434
03-22-2013, 16:08
If I am starting my hike on August 5th, when should I send my resupply packages to Tuolumne PO, Reds Meadow, MTR, etc? I'll be sending it from Los Angeles.

DaFireMedic
03-23-2013, 02:59
If I am starting my hike on August 5th, when should I send my resupply packages to Tuolumne PO, Reds Meadow, MTR, etc? I'll be sending it from Los Angeles.

Look on the website for MTR and Red's, I believe its on their sites along with the packaging instructions. I only used Tuolomne and MTR (I bought resupply in Mammoth) but I sent them both at the same time about 3 weeks before my scheduled start date and things went fine. I believe MTR just wants you to make sure that your bucket is at their post office at least a week before you are scheduled to arrive there. You'll want to send it earlier though and by priority mail with delivery confirmation. That way you can get confirmation before you leave for your hike and be comfortable knowing that your resupply buckets will be waiting for you when you arrive. I got my confirmation from MTR (and an email from them saying that they had it ready for me) about a week and a half after sending it.

jimqpublic
03-26-2013, 22:49
For MTR and Red's go by their websites. For Tuolumne and other Post offices don't send too early. Priority Mail will be there in 3 days max. Hint: Pay for postage online and it costs way less than at the PO.