PDA

View Full Version : Standing Indian shelter 6-26-05

Bolivershagnasty
06-26-2005, 01:06
Will be at standing indian shelter tomorrow night if anyone is going through stop by and see us.:welcome

yellowtree
06-28-2005, 22:24
Will be at standing indian shelter tomorrow night if anyone is going through stop by and see us.:welcome
aren't you lucky

Bolivershagnasty
06-28-2005, 22:58
:datz Well we got a late start, 5:30 and got to the shelter at 9:00 pm. Cooked supper and walla! You missed one heck of a storm. It rained at least 4 inches and lightning shook the ground for 2 hrs non stop. We had to scream at one another to hear each other over the rain. But we had a great time. My daughter doesn't get scared of storms no mater how bad they get. We actually like them. Her new trail name is "stormy" by the way. Every time we get out together it Storms like that. NightWalker, it happend again. She's batting 100 percent for 2 yrs. We go.. it storms!:-?

Nightwalker
06-29-2005, 04:21
:datz Well we got a late start, 5:30 and got to the shelter at 9:00 pm. Cooked supper and walla! You missed one heck of a storm. It rained at least 4 inches and lightning shook the ground for 2 hrs non stop. We had to scream at one another to hear each other over the rain. But we had a great time. My daughter doesn't get scared of storms no mater how bad they get. We actually like them. Her new trail name is "stormy" by the way. Every time we get out together it Storms like that. NightWalker, it happend again. She's batting 100 percent for 2 yrs. We go.. it storms!:-?
Did you go on up to the top of the mountain? It's a great view and an easy hike. It was also my first kinda-above-500 feet on the AT. Standing Indian is 4996, but when you stand up there, your head is above 5k.

:D

(Edit: That's 5000, not 500!)