PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Trailside Item

BigRing
03-25-2013, 09:12
I always thought that the kettle grill left along the trail was the most unusual item I have seen, but this weekend there was two brand new decorative red paving stones near the summit of Three Ridges, GWNF...too funny. Wish I had taken a pic. Someone probably wanted a good workout.

scudder
03-25-2013, 10:10
Leave no trace . Especially wilderness areas... pack it in, pack it out.

Old Hiker
03-25-2013, 10:15
Red for autumn? Maybe they'll be back to paint the stones green for spring, with flowers for summer and white for winter.

klsva
03-25-2013, 11:13
When i was climbing sassafras mtn down in ga i saw-A neatly piled stack of vienna sausages.I new hatchet with a wal mart sticked.A used machette.and a heavy stove at the next shelter.Not all at the same place but randomly discarded.I always wondered if it was the same person.

max patch
03-25-2013, 11:25
The year I thru'd someone set up one of those pink yard flamingos at nite to "guard the tent". I don't know how far he and the flamingo made it. I've never seen a summit photo.

gizzy bear
03-25-2013, 11:36
The year I thru'd someone set up one of those pink yard flamingos at nite to "guard the tent". I don't know how far he and the flamingo made it. I've never seen a summit photo.

he should have gone with the garden gnome... with his choice, he was bound for failure... flamingos don't like the cold!! ;)