PDA

View Full Version : Gotta say, real happy with GSI right now.

Bucherm
03-25-2013, 16:27
Gotta say, I'm really happy with GSI Outdoors right now.

Been using their Pinnacle Soloist for 3 years, last year a hairline crack formed on the nesting mug. I ignored it but this past Thursday I took it out when going through my stuff, and it was unacceptably leaky, and I couldn't find a good replacement option online. Sent them a email; they said give their CS a call, I did, they got my shipping info and should have a replacement out in a few weeks.

It's just a piece of plastic that probably costs them nothing to make, but still pleased me that their go-to was "send you a replacement immediately".

Feral Bill
03-25-2013, 16:51
I had a similar experience. Called their number and a person answered on the first ring. Problem solved. Oddly, I do not remember what piece of gear and what the problem was.

rocketsocks
03-25-2013, 17:14
I need a lid for the GSI soloist cook pot.....

CenAZwalker
03-25-2013, 17:53

Give their customer service a call, I bet you can order a replacement. I had lost a nesting mug for the dualist and was able to order another one. 1.800.704.4474

Bucherm
03-25-2013, 18:00
I had a similar experience. Called their number and a person answered on the first ring.

Yup, that was something I noticed as well. It was so off-putting(what customer service department answers on the first ring?) that I initially thought it was a robo-voice.

V Eight
03-25-2013, 18:56

They sent me a new lid after I half melted mine. I called asking to buy a replacement and they sent it for free.

FWIW, I melted the new one too, experimenting with a new stove/windscreen combo. Now I'm getting some Ti
to make a new one.

smithcj06
04-14-2013, 18:54
HA! I used my half melted lid for hundreds of mile when I thru'd. If i only knew then.....that pot made it through another thru-hike as well but it's starting to show all the abuse it has been given. Good to know they stand behind their products though!

russb
04-14-2013, 19:00
They sent me a new lid after I half melted mine. I called asking to buy a replacement and they sent it for free.

FWIW, I melted the new one too, experimenting with a new stove/windscreen combo. Now I'm getting some Ti
to make a new one.

I called to order a replacement as well (also the bowl since I left them at a campsite). I paid for and received a new bowl set but the lid is for the bowl only, not the reversible one that also is the lid for the pot. Not worth it to me to call back and pay for another.

Dogwood
04-14-2013, 21:35
Maybe I should have contacted GSI CS about their collapsible plastic sporks that keep breaking on me

Bucherm
04-16-2013, 23:14
Maybe I should have contacted GSI CS about their collapsible plastic sporks that keep breaking on me

I'll be honest, I just threw that away(and the one that came with my replacement bowl). I use a Snowpeak spork.

The Bowl arrived, and they sent my the dualist one instead of the soloist. Two bowls, and of course it can't nest inside the pot. BUT, the pot can nest inside the bowl snugly, so...

I'll give this a shot.

rocketsocks
04-17-2013, 03:08
Give their customer service a call, I bet you can order a replacement. I had lost a nesting mug for the dualist and was able to order another one. 1.800.704.4474Awesome, thanks for the numbers :)