PDA

View Full Version : Please help me get started planning my trip through a section of the A.T.

jtfinch2003
03-26-2013, 19:14
I知 trying to plan a trip for the end of the summer and willonly have 7-10 days. I would like to end in Virginia still not sure on whereyet because I知 not quite sure where I should start. I知 guessing I could doabout 10 miles a day possibly more. I would really like to see some beautifulscenic views over water and the mountains. I have never been here before and amclueless to where to get started. I would need something close to a shuttlethat can get me to my start point from the airport. I have family that lives inVirginia and would be able to have them pick me up at my end point whereverthat may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this journeyunderway. Any suggestions?

klsva
03-26-2013, 19:37
The snp would be a great intro to AT hiking.Its about 100 miles long.There are a ton of great overlooks.Numerous side trails to outstanding waterfalls.There are plenty of places to resupply without having to leave the trail.Most of the the thru hikers are thru Va by august,so theres space in the shelters.If you want to rent a cabin to stay at while in the park,they are inexpensive if you go through the PATC-patomoc appalachian trail club.Check out their site for maps,cabin info,sidetrail and waterfall pamplets.Thats my best suggestion man!!!!

klsva
03-26-2013, 19:39
The snp would be a great intro to AT hiking.Its about 100 miles long.There are a ton of great overlooks.Numerous side trails to outstanding waterfalls.There are plenty of places to resupply without having to leave the trail.Most of the the thru hikers are thru Va by august,so theres space in the shelters.If you want to rent a cabin to stay at while in the park,they are inexpensive if you go through the PATC-patomoc appalachian trail club.Check out their site for maps,cabin info,sidetrail and waterfall pamplets.Thats my best suggestion man!!!!

Cookerhiker
03-26-2013, 19:52
I see you posted this in 2 places - see my reply in your other thread.

canoe
03-26-2013, 20:08
me too......

attroll
03-26-2013, 23:40
Moved this thread/topic to the "General" forum.