PDA

View Full Version : Departing Springer Monday, April 1st (No Fooling)

Pendragon
03-30-2013, 11:41
I'm driving up from Jacksonville, planning on taking the road up behind Springer, backtracking that one mile to start at the Plague, and hopefully making it to Damascus from there. If I were a pure thru hiker I'd probably take the approach trail, but I've been on it once already and I'd prefer to start out on the easier terrain behind the Mountain. If you're starting your section or thru hike Monday Morning and are middle-aged and out of shape like me, I'd enjoy your company. Just look for The Pendragon, the short guy with the huge external. I'm sure I'll get my share of laughs.......:D. See you guys on Springer!

Rasty
03-30-2013, 11:58
I'm driving up from Jacksonville, planning on taking the road up behind Springer, backtracking that one mile to start at the Plague, and hopefully making it to Damascus from there. If I were a pure thru hiker I'd probably take the approach trail, but I've been on it once already and I'd prefer to start out on the easier terrain behind the Mountain. If you're starting your section or thru hike Monday Morning and are middle-aged and out of shape like me, I'd enjoy your company. Just look for The Pendragon, the short guy with the huge external. I'm sure I'll get my share of laughs.......:D. See you guys on Springer!

Good luck! Try avoiding the plague. :)

Pendragon
03-30-2013, 13:11
Damn, can't trust auto-correct can ya?

Old Hiker
03-30-2013, 13:14

Avoid the mice which carry the fleas which carries the plague.

As for the huge external, I'm wondering if you are talking about the pack or, in my case, the growing mid-section.

Good luck - hike safe!

Rocket Jones
03-30-2013, 14:07
Have fun!!!

Slo-go'en
03-30-2013, 16:44
Should be quite a crowd starting the 1st, the only thing lacking will be good camp sites and shelter space!

MuddyWaters
03-30-2013, 16:54
You are driving up?

I hope someone is driving YOU up.

You probably dont want to leave your car at Springer for 6 mo.

Chaco Taco
03-30-2013, 16:55
Should be quite a crowd starting the 1st, the only thing lacking will be good camp sites and shelter space!
Thunder and his crew start on Sunday

jackase
04-01-2013, 08:31
Good luck!

BuckeyeBill
04-01-2013, 10:18
Have fun and good luck

kolokolo
04-01-2013, 22:27
Have a great hike!