PDA

View Full Version : Great Day up here

Chaco Taco
03-30-2013, 15:23
Just got back from a loop up Mt Kearsarge, NH. Could see the white caps of Moosilauke, Lincoln, Lafayette, and The Presidentials. Weather is perfect for hiking. Still a good amount of snow on the trails just south of The Whites.

Slo-go'en
03-30-2013, 16:11
Yep, felt a lot like spring today.

Chaco Taco
03-30-2013, 16:24
Yep, felt a lot like spring today.
There is still a ton of snow in the woods, but its packed down so good and nice monorail. Microspikes were all we needed. Grayson loved it, he is passed out cold on the floor. The temps were great. Just had to wear a fleece. Great time to be out. Im sure The Whites are still busy between the skiiing and snowshoeing.

capehiker
03-30-2013, 16:32
Thanks for bringing back fond memories. I used to live in Portsmouth, NH and the Whites were my weekend getaways.

Chaco Taco
03-30-2013, 16:37
Thanks for bringing back fond memories. I used to live in Portsmouth, NH and the Whites were my weekend getaways.
Yea we love Portsmouth. Having The Whites so close is great. Vermont isnt that far either. Lots of great places to go hiking. Going to be a memorable spring and summer for Team Chacopak...

Slo-go'en
03-30-2013, 16:48
I bet there was a traffic jam for sking in Tucks this weekend.

Chaco Taco
03-30-2013, 16:50
I bet there was a traffic jam for sking in Tucks this weekend.
Oh I can only imagine. We could see plenty of ski hills looking out from the top. Im sure Sugarloaf and Sunday River are mobbed as well. Central and northern Vermont are also probably having a great season.

rangeley
03-31-2013, 21:13
Since Sugarloaf and Sunday River are always mobbed, I ski Saddleback. The terrain is amazing, great groomed trails, rugged bumpy trails, and killer glades. The employees are all so nice, and the service is great. I reccomend all you skiers try saddleback next time you want to go skiing in New England.