PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

mindi
03-31-2013, 10:45
It's been a long long time since I posted here, but hopefully a few of you remember me. It's been a long time since I've been on the trail, too...my second attempt at a thru (this one southbound) ended in Maine with a couple of broken ribs.

I'm hoping the third time will be the charm? Not sure yet when I'll set out, though...could be a couple of years from now. But I can say that I miss the trail like a person. I didn't even finish a thruhike and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about being out there again.

Anyway, what prompted me to come here and post today is that I'm having some major surgery on Wednesday, and even though I'm sure everything will be fine on the off chance that it isn't I wanted to thank you all for the support and help you've given me over the years, even though I haven't been here in a while I haven't forgotten any of you and everything you did for me, online and on the trail.

Hopefully I'll be back here to annoy you all shortly. In the meantime I have some maps that I'd be happy to give away to someone who needs them badly, I'm not sure how current they are since I bought them in 2009, but if you pay for shipping they're all yours.

Sugargrits

Mountain Mike
03-31-2013, 10:54
That's a generous off Mindi. Hopefully someone can use it. Good luck on your surgery & recovery. Hopefully we will see you on the trail soon!

daddytwosticks
03-31-2013, 11:01
Prayers and good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. :)

Kookork
03-31-2013, 11:26
I wish you a successful surgery and a fast recovery. Every things goes smooth for WhiteBlaze members:), active or not.

we are all protected by the God(king) of trails named Hiking.

mindi
03-31-2013, 12:09
Thanks for the support, guys, it's really appreciated.

Maps are spoken for, glad someone could snatch them up!

HikerMom58
03-31-2013, 12:10
Hey mindi... welcome back!! I fairly new here myself. Good luck on your surgery! :)