PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened equip prodigyx quilt

10-K
04-01-2013, 15:43
I received my prodigyx synthetic 50° quilt today. 17.1 oz on my scale.

It appears to be very well made with attention to detail - a quality piece of work for sure.

Odd Man Out
04-01-2013, 16:52
I received my prodigyx synthetic 50° quilt today. 17.1 oz on my scale.

It appears to be very well made with attention to detail - a quality piece of work for sure.

I keep going back and forth on the synthetic vs down quilt from EE. Why did you go with the prodigy (synthetic) vs revelation (down)? I'm guessing that down users predominate here, but I might go against the flow and opt for the Prodigy.

10-K
04-01-2013, 17:41
I keep going back and forth on the synthetic vs down quilt from EE. Why did you go with the prodigy (synthetic) vs revelation (down)? I'm guessing that down users predominate here, but I might go against the flow and opt for the Prodigy.

I'm a big fan of down - all my bags are down, most of my shells are down, etc. etc.

But I'm having a second look at synthetics because there are advantages - like not losing insulating ability because of getting wet - and if the weight penalty is only a few oz it might be worth it. My 50* Mont Bell down bag weighs 15.5 ozs.. The Prodigy quilt is less than 2 oz heavier.