PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Trail Days

alxflwrs
04-02-2013, 12:04
I'm starting around May 5-7 so there's no way I could make it to trail days in 10 days. Anyone think that someone would give me a ride in Hot Springs/somewhere South and then let me ride back with them?

alxflwrs
04-02-2013, 12:04
I'm not specifically asking anyone here to give me a ride, but rather gauging how difficult/easy it will be to do on the trail, or if I should plan it with someone before, etc.

DeerPath
04-02-2013, 14:30
I'm not specifically asking anyone here to give me a ride, but rather gauging how difficult/easy it will be to do on the trail, or if I should plan it with someone before, etc.

I meet hikers last year at Trail Days who hitch-hiked from north Georgia and from Shenandoah National Park to get to Trail Days. It can be done if you have the will power.

WingedMonkey
04-02-2013, 15:18
There are usually more than a handful arranging rides from Hot Springs to Trail Days.

Not all of them return to start over there.

HikerMom58
04-02-2013, 19:02
There are usually more than a handful arranging rides from Hot Springs to Trail Days

That is true! Make sure you can get a ride back to where you left off. You shouldn't have a problem getting a ride to TD's.

SCRUB HIKER
04-02-2013, 20:15
I meet hikers last year at Trail Days who hitch-hiked from north Georgia and from Shenandoah National Park to get to Trail Days. It can be done if you have the will power.

Truth. I think if you set up next to any highway along the Southern AT on Thursday or Friday with a sign that says "TRAIL DAYS," you'll get a ride sooner or later. Probably sooner.

There are usually more than a handful arranging rides from Hot Springs to Trail Days.

Also true. In 2011, the Baptist church ran multiple shuttles back to Erwin and Hot Springs on Sunday ... you just had to sign up a day or two in advance. It might still work that way. Or maybe not. You'll figure something out, it's not hard. I saw a kid set up on the main street with a kitten and a sign that said "Rhode Island, ran out of money," and he had a ride within 20 minutes.

tree-elle
04-22-2013, 19:45
I'm starting around May 5-7 so there's no way I could make it to trail days in 10 days. Anyone think that someone would give me a ride in Hot Springs/somewhere South and then let me ride back with them?

Hi! I am starting on May 5th in Springer also! I plan to be at the NOC by May 17th and I think from there I will be able to find a ride no problem... But just in case I'm working on calling Trail Days/ the ATC/ or this trail angel my friend referred me to in order to arrange a ride there instead.

Have you figured it out yet?