PDA

View Full Version : Shoe crease on toes

lukabrazi
04-02-2013, 19:41
I'm in the process of switching From boots to trail runners. I have worn through two pairs of Asolo Fugitives. My pack weight is low enough that I decided to do my next couple of weekend trips in trail runners to see if I like it. Something that I am running into with some of the lightweight breathable trail runners is that the mesh creases and rubs the top of my toes when my foot bends. It doesn't seem like this could be because of the shape of my feet. This must happen to everyone that tries these models. Two that I have liked that have did this were Merrill Ventilators and Inov-8 295's. So I'm trying to decide if I should send the 295's back or give them a try. Does this tend to go away as the shoes break in or will I end up with the tops of my toes blistered?

lukabrazi
04-02-2013, 20:01
I also should add that I have a pair of 315's at the house as well and I get that same type of crease. I think the size is right as far as length though. I like the feel of the foot bed and toe box.

JAK
04-02-2013, 20:13
Drives me crazy how some shoes have bumps or reinforcement in the worst places. The worst I had was a logo of all things, that wore right through the back spine and into my Achilles tendon. It was on a pair of light hikers.

MuddyWaters
04-02-2013, 22:15
Just because it touches your toes doesnt mean it will cause blister.
Basically, most of your foot is touched by shoe somewhere
Unless its particularly hard, and rubs hard when it bends, I really wouldnt think its a problem
I have the older style, doesnt seem like I have the amt of fabric buckling that occurs on your toes
Maybe mine are just broke in good

Odd Man Out
04-02-2013, 22:17
I have had this problem with several shoes. When you take a step, the shoes collapses (creases) as you show right on top of my toes. It is quite painful. Not all shoes do it. I had a pair of Merell Maob Ventilators and loved them. When they wore out, I went to buy another pair. I found that the Gore Tex water proof Moabs had this problem but the non-Gore Tex ones did not. I tried them on at several different stores and always found the same results. I learned that I could predict this problem before trying them on by holding a shoe between my hands with the palm of one hand on the toe and the palm of the other hand on the heel. Then press your hands inward. If the shore folds on the toe it's bad news. Shoes that don't crease there are OK. I did this with the two versions of the Moabs and the difference was quite obvious. Maybe the problem shoes work for some people, but not me (or us).