PDA

View Full Version : Maps, trail guides, etc

fantasticwrite
04-03-2013, 20:20
I'm planning a section hike in early June for GA starting on Springer Mt, but before I go I want to purchase a trail map. I have checked the ATC website, but it says that all maps for GA/NC are on back order. Is there anywhere else I can purchase a map? I saw that thru hikers guide has maps and basic information for the entire trail. Does this include a map for GA as well? Thanks for the help!

FarmerChef
04-03-2013, 20:43
You can also purchase National Geographic maps. Mt. Rogers Outfitter was out of TN/NC ATC maps but I was able to get fabulous Nat Geo map instead. I actually prefer it to the other version since I already have the trail profile elevation in Awol's guide.

fantasticwrite
04-03-2013, 20:44
Is there a website that I could order the Nat Geo maps from?

FarmerChef
04-03-2013, 20:53
I just googled it and got a bunch of hits. Campmor sells them and you can go to nationalgeographic.com and search there (not quite as intuitive though). If you're just looking for Georgia here's one possible set at Campmor (http://www.campmor.com/appalachian-trail-conservancy-north-carolina-georgia-appalachian-trail-guide-maps.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=69680WC&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}).

fantasticwrite
04-03-2013, 21:00
Awesome! Thanks for the help!