PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years ago today......

Chaco Taco
04-04-2013, 06:04
I started a little walk on this day 5 years ago from Springer. I think I am more jealous of other thru-hikers this year than I have been in past years, but I live near The Whites and Maine and Vermont so I cant complain. Good luck to those starting their hike today and good luck to the rest of the other slackers out there that are walking north or south. :banana

coach lou
04-04-2013, 07:09
Knowing folks out on their walk is worse than just dreaming about the walk. Having walked w/HB57 and having him take off on that whim...no planning...gone... to me brings it so much closer but the pangs of not being out there are tougher to deal with.

Chaco Taco
04-04-2013, 07:16
Knowing folks out on their walk is worse than just dreaming about the walk. Having walked w/HB57 and having him take off on that whim...no planning...gone... to me brings it so much closer but the pangs of not being out there are tougher to deal with.
Yea our best friend from 08 started Sunday.....Our hiking season is ramping up here in NH. Nice having beautiful mountains 45 minutes away. If I had to do it again, I would walk SOBO, no question.

bigmac_in
04-04-2013, 07:51
Hi Chaco!

Happy anniversary.

My first post over here in months - just for you. :-)

rocketsocks
04-04-2013, 08:00
Congrats Chaco...Anniversaries of any kind are always cool.

Capt Nat
04-04-2013, 08:02
Congrats Mr. Chaco!

Chaco Taco
04-04-2013, 08:28
Hi Chaco!

Happy anniversary.

My first post over here in months - just for you. :-)
..........Nice :)

turtle fast
04-04-2013, 10:27
Like another 08' hiker, this fond reverence for the trail truly points to the potential power of the "call" or "pull" of the trail. It must be hardwired into many of us from a more primitive time. I was slated to thru again this year, had the $, gear and the ok from the wife to go. Got ready and two weeks before I was to go the brakes on my truck failed as I was headed to a busy intersection and lived to tell about it...then a week later was the recipient of a hit and run accident and nursing an arm injury. (Bad week for being in vehicles)

The Gambler
04-04-2013, 10:51
i feel it too man...july 11, 2011 is when i left on my sobo....last year on the first anniversary was a melancoly day for me...hopefully this year will be better and in 3 years i'm going again...sobo again for sure...although starting in maine was tough

HikerMom58
04-04-2013, 11:17

I hear ya Coach!!

Congrats on your anniversary CT!! :D This has not been an easy start for the class of 2013! The weather just isn't cutting them any slack, so far! :(

Chaco Taco
04-04-2013, 12:17
I hear ya Coach!!

Congrats on your anniversary CT!! :D This has not been an easy start for the class of 2013! The weather just isn't cutting them any slack, so far! :(
The weather is an issue every year. Its either too dry, too wet, too snowy, too hot. Its always something. Damn nature......:)

turtle fast
04-04-2013, 23:12
Now I am like an addict with the shakes....I want to go...NO!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GO!
At least we can appreciate the trail....even with the Redeyes incident. ;)