PDA

View Full Version : Late APR Weather & Trail Conditions @ Harpers Ferry?

JustADude
04-04-2013, 15:11
Late APR, what is typical weather and trail conditions like on the AT around Harpers Ferry (+/-50 MI North or South)?

Thinking about section hiking that area around then.

Thanks

Studlintsean
04-04-2013, 15:55
Late APR, what is typical weather and trail conditions like on the AT around Harpers Ferry (+/-50 MI North or South)?

Thinking about section hiking that area around then.

Thanks

Although you never know what will happen with the weather, I think that is about the perfect time to go (besides maybe October). Warm days (upper 60's/ low 70's) with cool nights (40s/50s).

FarmerChef
04-04-2013, 17:01
+1 to Studlintsean. Weather this year has been a bit on the cool side though so make sure to check the forecast before you come and gear up appropriately.

fredmugs
04-05-2013, 08:16
A few years ago I went from the northern end of SNP to the PA line in the middle of April. I had a few very windy cold days (upper 30s) and a few perfect days in the upper 60s. Odds are your weather will be on the positive side.

yushan
04-05-2013, 08:39
Just this week in Harpers Ferry - lows at night are 28-30 degrees. Highs around 50 during the day. No snow on the ground. There is a general warming trend - you can actually see some wildflowers on the trail.

JustADude
04-05-2013, 14:48
Just this week in Harpers Ferry - lows at night are 28-30 degrees. Highs around 50 during the day. No snow on the ground. There is a general warming trend - you can actually see some wildflowers on the trail.

Thanks much. I am hoping for that type of weather and for dry trails...

Thanks again.