PDA

View Full Version : What freezerbag brand do you use?

Swordpen
04-04-2013, 23:17
Hi

I tried freezer bag cooking in a Hefty gallon freezer bag with a blue zip pull.

When I poured the hot water in the Hefty bag with the Mountain House meal in it, & put the bag into a container to hold it, the Hefty bag developed a leak.

So what you all using?

thanks!

archie
04-04-2013, 23:27
I have had problems with every bag except the heavy duty ziplock brands.

DaTwiztedOne
04-04-2013, 23:30
i like to use the vacuum seal bags for eating, most all of them are heavy enough to handle the hot water, i just make the bags a little taller then they need to be so when i cut the top off i have plenty of room to add water....

Rocket Jones
04-05-2013, 06:52
Ziplock freezer bags. No sliders, just the double seal ziplock.

Rocket Jones
04-05-2013, 06:55
These (http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/FreezerBagsSmartZipSeal.aspx?SizeName=Gallon). Never used anything but the quart size for FBC.

aviator60
04-05-2013, 08:55
i like to use the vacuum seal bags for eating, most all of them are heavy enough to handle the hot water, i just make the bags a little taller then they need to be so when i cut the top off i have plenty of room to add water....

I have wanted to do this to reduce the bulk of my food bag. However, I haven't been able to figure out how I would seal it back up as it cooks. Do you have a solution for this?

CMags
04-05-2013, 09:36
I have wanted to do this to reduce the bulk of my food bag. However, I haven't been able to figure out how I would seal it back up as it cooks. Do you have a solution for this?

I melt the top with a lighter and seal it back together.

Old Hiker
04-05-2013, 09:42
Ziplock freezer bags. No sliders, just the double seal ziplock.

These. Never had a problem. A gallon Ziploc freezer bag for several days of trash.

DaTwiztedOne
04-05-2013, 09:53

i carry a couple plastic clothespins and roll the bag down and pin it. also the pins are good for other things too... i use the plastic ones because they are lighter and easier to clean because the dont absorb food and such....

Another Kevin
04-05-2013, 16:06
These (http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/FreezerBagsSmartZipSeal.aspx?SizeName=Gallon). Never used anything but the quart size for FBC.

Ditto. I've had accidents with other brands.

SunnyWalker
04-05-2013, 21:30
Yep. Ziplock freezer bags with the double seal zip lock (no slider or anything needed.).

aviator60
04-05-2013, 21:37
i carry a couple plastic clothespins and roll the bag down and pin it. also the pins are good for other things too... i use the plastic ones because they are lighter and easier to clean because the dont absorb food and such....

This is a clever idea. Thanks.