PDA

View Full Version : Hubba or Fly Crrek UL1

Labojo
04-07-2013, 20:28
I'm about to purchase one of the two tonight during the last hours of REI's sale. I'm torn between the two. Will be used mostly in Spring/Summer in the southeast.

johnnybgood
04-07-2013, 21:04
I personally like side entry tents, but they both are similar in total dimensions. The good thing with REI is you can purchase one and if dissatisfied return it.

swjohnsey
04-08-2013, 13:00
Both good tents, Hubba side entry, Flycreek a little lighter.

Country Roads
04-13-2013, 18:41
Fly creek is nice, but if you exit it in the rain, you will have rain come directly into the tent when you open the vestibule. Otherwise, it is a nice tent. Light, easy to set up. It is a basic place to sleep without a lot of extra room, but that is really all you need anyway.

BradMT
04-17-2013, 08:11
Hubba... side entry, simpler, more stable design, fewer guy-outs.

rocketsocks
04-17-2013, 08:33
I like the side entry tents, and recently bought the BA Copper Spur, nice tent...works fine!

yaduck9
04-17-2013, 13:20
anyone know about long term durability of each tent? just curious...

Luddite
04-17-2013, 15:43
I've owned a Hubba I bought in '07 mostly for car camping and I used it for years. The little plastic piece that crosses the poles on the top broke but it's still usable and the rainfly has become sticky after being packed for about 6 months now. It's a pretty bomb proof tent though, you can't go wrong with it.

rmitchell
04-17-2013, 19:24
The OP has probably already made the purchase, but I can comment on Cascade Designs warrenty & repair.
After the fly on my Hubba became sitcky I e-mailed them and got a prompt and professional reply. I had the tent for a number of years and no longer had any receipts. They had me to ship the fly to them and replaced it free of charge. I had to pay for shipping to them but they shipped it back along with new stuff sacks for the tent, poles and pegs. The new fly is green as opposed to the original burnt orange, but I consider that a plus.
BTW I have had no issue with the tent body. Check out the warrenty and repair tab at cascade designs.com.