PDA

View Full Version : Memorial week Section Hike from Springer to Dicks Creek

jolly rancher
04-08-2013, 10:42
I'm a 50+ male planning a 7 day section hike begining on Memorial Day weekend. Chattanooga TN is about 6 hours from my home in SE Missouri. I should be able to make Dicks Creek Gap but will pull out whenever if time runs out by the following Saturday.
1. Does anyone know the driving distance from Chattanooga to Amicialola State Park?
2. I reached out to a shuttle but didn't get his name. He called me back (after I e-mailed) as he doesn't appear versed in e-mail. I think he was listed as Pat Roberts. He mentioned he as been doing this for 24 years and was very friendly and helpful. Does anyone have any feedback on GA shuttle services?
3. I hike slowly, own all the lightweight gear, and enjoy the solitude coupled with interacton from other hikers. I love the Appalachian mountains and have enjoyed reading everyones posts to this forum. A thru-hike is on my bucket list so a short section hike is all I can swing at this time. I read David Miller's AWOL on the AT and ordered his trail guide. I'm looking for everyone's feedback, tips and tricks for a GA section hike. Thanks.

max patch
04-08-2013, 10:52
1. Does anyone know the driving distance from Chattanooga to Amicialola State Park?

90 miles, 2 hours per Google Maps.

MuddyWaters
04-08-2013, 23:50
It sounds like you wont be driving to Amicalola, unless you are going to leave your car there. Usually preferable to hike to your car.

Doing that kind of fixes your destination though, no bailing out lest you pay for another shuttle.