PDA

View Full Version : Lil Nests in the Trees in the Spring

Tuckahoe
04-10-2013, 08:31
So here is the sight I found this morning. I am biking to work heading to Jamestown from Williamsburg, and I am heading down Jamestown Rd. I had come around College Corner riding along the William and Mary campus and there in the tree on the side of the road was a hammock in the tree with a student (I assume) fast asleep. I had to turn back around and take a picture. Look close...

HikerMom58
04-10-2013, 08:36
Tuck... that's so interesting!! :sun I'm so curious about that person.........

bigcranky
04-10-2013, 09:12
Is that Rogers Hall in the background? I thought there was a huge new building on that corner now, eating half of PBK Field. But maybe you're closer to PBK than I think. I haven't been back to the 'Burg in a long time.

Cool photo. Surprised he didn't get rousted at 3am.

Tuckahoe
04-10-2013, 09:19
That tree is on the corner of the loop in front of Phi Beta Kappa Hall. Just behind the tree is Swem Library. As you look at the tree, I've already passd the new dorms and they are back to the right of the tree.

I honestly dont think anyone has noticed. I was riding by at 730am at 15mph and had to do a double take and come back around to be sure. It was the fleck of red that shouldn't have been there that caught my eye.

Mobius
04-10-2013, 09:40
As a graduate of W&M that's one of the last places I'd hang a hammock (not that I'd hang one anywhere). There are so many really nice places on campus. Anything next to Jamestown Road or Richmond Road would never be considered. Of course, maybe you didn't see those :)

Old Hiker
04-10-2013, 10:51
Tuition is expensive, I guess. Anything to save a buck.

bigcranky
04-10-2013, 11:03
As a graduate of W&M that's one of the last places I'd hang a hammock (not that I'd hang one anywhere). There are so many really nice places on campus. Anything next to Jamestown Road or Richmond Road would never be considered. Of course, maybe you didn't see those :)

True. That does seem awfully close to civilization. Somewhere back by the lake or in the woods behind W&M Hall would be better.

Also, too, this provides ample evidence on why one should choose dark gray or green or brown for a hammock color. :)

Tuckahoe
04-10-2013, 15:00
I wonder if the hammock will still be there when I bike on by on the way home.

Last year there was a young lady that would hike all over town preparing for her through hike attempt. I would see her at the library and she worked at the College Delly, often with a backpack with her.