PDA

View Full Version : Thank You White Blaze

goedde2
04-10-2013, 11:25
Ya just gotta love it. WB site is comparable to Facebook or Twitter. It’s a constant and consistent, invitation to log on and amuse yourself with the drama of the world via social interaction, the cyber wars, drama, “expert” advice/opinions from the long time regulars, drama, actual useful information, drama, etc., etc. It brings together like minded individuals so consumed with the romantic notion the AT might offer an escape from the real world, albeit temporary, and become so addicted to that theory, they become addicted to the site. I guess it becomes a hobby to post thousands and thousands of entries, for years on end. You could liken it to the latest phenom texting endlessly on his/her smartphone, IMHO. Did I mention drama?

However elucidated, WB is still an invaluable source of crucial and informative council, exemplifying its intended purpose, regardless of how one may become distracted from that original premise. IMHO. Did I mention drama?

Thank you WB for being there when we need you the most. Happy Hiking.

BirdBrain
04-10-2013, 11:29
Ya just gotta love it. WB site is comparable to Facebook or Twitter. It’s a constant and consistent, invitation to log on and amuse yourself with the drama of the world via social interaction, the cyber wars, drama, “expert” advice/opinions from the long time regulars, drama, actual useful information, drama, etc., etc. It brings together like minded individuals so consumed with the romantic notion the AT might offer an escape from the real world, albeit temporary, and become so addicted to that theory, they become addicted to the site. I guess it becomes a hobby to post thousands and thousands of entries, for years on end. You could liken it to the latest phenom texting endlessly on his/her smartphone, IMHO. Did I mention drama?

However elucidated, WB is still an invaluable source of crucial and informative council, exemplifying its intended purpose, regardless of how one may become distracted from that original premise. IMHO. Did I mention drama?

Thank you WB for being there when we need you the most. Happy Hiking.

+1. Thank you Whiteblaze. I don't mind the distractions and even cause a few. The information is the best. I have been following the sickness threads with great interest. The entertainment is fun. The information is crucial.

treesloth
04-10-2013, 11:31
This post is a well-balanced mix of seriousness and facetiousness. I like it!

Come on now.. where else can you discuss the semantics of a cup, or maybe sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)

Train Wreck
04-10-2013, 11:40
I came here for the information but stayed for the drama. And the occasional Monty Python video :D

goedde2
04-10-2013, 11:43
+1. Thank you Whiteblaze. I don't mind the distractions and even cause a few. The information is the best. I have been following the sickness threads with great interest. The entertainment is fun. The information is crucial.

This post is a well-balanced mix of seriousness and facetiousness. I like it!

Come on now.. where else can you discuss the semantics of a cup, or maybe sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)

I'm in total agreement. That's what keeps us, myself included, coming back.

illabelle
04-10-2013, 11:51
Addictive? No way! I am not an addict. I am completely in control. :rolleyes:

An aside: how is it that the What's New page shows me 0 views and 4 replies to this thread? Are ya'll typing with yer eyes shut?

Odd Man Out
04-10-2013, 12:26
I'm checking WB while my biochem class takes their exam. Does that mean I have a problem?

For extra credit: If all 4 complexes of the ETS transported 4 H+'s per pair of e- and the ATPase had 15 c subunits and 4 alpha/beta dimers, what would be the P/O ratio for NADH?

FatHead64
04-10-2013, 12:36
I'm checking WB while my biochem class takes their exam. Does that mean I have a problem?

For extra credit: If all 4 complexes of the ETS transported 4 H+'s per pair of e- and the ATPase had 15 c subunits and 4 alpha/beta dimers, what would be the P/O ratio for NADH?

Easy - Forty-Two! :banana

Stalking Tortoise
04-10-2013, 12:38
Easy - Forty-Two! :banana

Anyone with 42 isn't going to make big miles. Just sayin'...

BirdBrain
04-10-2013, 12:44
Anyone with 42 isn't going to make big miles. Just sayin'...

eleven 11 ..... e ... leven. ahlven. alvrn. Eeeelevvvun.

BirdBrain
04-10-2013, 12:47

Yes you have a problem.... and you are not alone. Now that we have solved that issue, perhaps you should change your name to Just Like You.

BirdBrain
04-10-2013, 12:50
And thank you Whiteblaze for tolerating the endless thread-drift. Back on subject.

Gray Blazer
04-10-2013, 12:54

///..,,..,

BirdBrain
04-10-2013, 12:56

///..,,..,

eleven///..,,..,

goedde2
04-10-2013, 13:17

And so it begins, the "distraction" from the OP. In answer to your question, which appears has no direct recipient in mind, except for the entire WB community, and is entirely off topic, my answer would be that if you did have a problem, it might be not taking your job seriously enough to actually do it, instead of posting to WB, while you're actually getting paid to be on that job. Also keep in mind that there are some of us, myself included, that believe the folks that impress us the most, are the ones that don't try. That would not be you, IMHO.

At any rate, keep up the good work in the classroom, try to stay humble, and don't worry. There are still those that respect and admire you, in spite of yourself and your insecurities, so you can drop the "I'm smarter than you" act. You will more than likely gain more recognition without talking down to people, with that attitude. No offense intended.

Have a great rest of your day, and stay well.

Old Hiker
04-10-2013, 13:20

Purple as a constant function of chipmunk.

Another Kevin
04-10-2013, 14:53

Would you believe that I'm geeky enough that I'm only just barely resisting taking my copy of Alberts off the shelf to review mitochondrial electron transport? No time, gotta get back to work ... must resist the pull ... block the ears to the Siren song ... AUGGGGH!

Cookerhiker
04-10-2013, 15:26
.... where else can you discuss ... sex on the trail, over the course of 164 threads? :-)

Yeah, I may have a lot of posts on numerous topics but that's the reason I'm on WhiteBlaze.:D

S'more
04-10-2013, 17:53
I came here for the information but stayed for the drama. And the occasional Monty Python video :D

Exactly what TW said!!

S'more
04-10-2013, 17:54

FH beat me to it, but 42!

aficion
04-10-2013, 18:01
Exactly what TW said!!

Came for the voice of experience. Stayed for the fun.