PDA

View Full Version : I love White Blaze!

keepinitsimple
04-15-2013, 07:06
I love white blaze! Just do. Been very informative, comical, and practical. Thank you all.

moytoy
04-15-2013, 07:29
Yep...it's about as good as cyber places get. Even some of the critics keep coming back. :)

Sailing_Faith
04-15-2013, 07:38
I am still sailing, been out since November. My hiking has been limited to St. John and vaioous Bahamian islands... Nice to be able to read of everyone's adventures, and look forward to getting back out there.

Old Hiker
04-15-2013, 07:42
Hey, Sailing! My (and my father's) "Hike Your Own Hike" stickers are holding up very well. Again, thanks!

WB has helped me cut down my gear weight, anticipate problems, overcome (a few) of my fears about the Trail and given me a lot of laughs at times. Plus, I can chime in without looking like a complete NOOB or idiot.

Six Steps
04-15-2013, 08:34
I love white blaze! Just do. Been very informative, comical, and practical. Thank you all.

Ditto! I classify myself as a hiker wannabe (very beginning hiker) and everyone has been awesome!

HikerMom58
04-15-2013, 09:02
I like WB a lot too. I've been insulted & hurt, as a newbie, on here. That can still happen to me from time to time but I try to understand the reason behind the hurtful remarks. It helps me to understand. I'm really sensitive. I admit it. I don't like being insulted.

I have met the nicest people on here. I have learned sooo much. I'm amazed at how people on here will give so freely of themselves. (knowledge and time) I'm always so excited at the prospect of actually meeting WB members, in person, especially the ones that I've interacted with the most & those that over time have "grown on me". :D

I'm a better person because of having "met" all of you. Thanks for EVERYTHING! Some might think this song is a lil cheesy but it comes from my heart. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOqyygAQSX0

Capt Nat
04-15-2013, 10:18
I have to admit to being fond of it too. Even the hateful people provide entertainment. I'm down with a knee injury now and pining for the trail. WB provides some shallow refief!

Old Hiker
04-15-2013, 10:37
I have to admit to being fond of it too. Even the hateful people provide entertainment. I'm down with a knee injury now and pining for the trail. WB provides some shallow refief!

At least you're just pining and you're not dead.