PDA

View Full Version : Gear List, what do you think?

Statue
04-15-2013, 14:42
I've learned a lot from this site. Very informative and experienced user base. I'm leaving for my NOBO in a few days and wanted to get some last minute critiquing.

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=11348

swjohnsey
04-15-2013, 18:43
I used some of Zpacks cuben fiber sacks last year. They didn't make the trip. The cuben doesn't stand up to abrasion. If I had to do it again I would use his silnylon stuff.

Snake Farm
04-15-2013, 20:08
Looks great! I would go with one pair of boxers since you have long underwear. Personally I think you could lose the Ursack and the sleeping pad and go with a stuff sack and a 3/4 length foam pad but if its a comfort thing then go with it. Otherwise, great job!

Statue
04-20-2013, 18:58
Thanks so far it's working great.

AngryGerman
04-22-2013, 12:15
First of all, good luck on your hike and second, the gear you have choosen will be tweaked by you so... many times there is a slight chance only 60% of it makes it the whole trip!

IMO, take out the extra boxers and rain pants, gorilla pod, wet ones (Jusst carry more hand san.), sunscreen and pak towel out, and lastly the pack cover. Send the JetBoil home while making a cat can stove (wicked easy to do and efficient) and get ready for this...; send just about all those stuff sacks home; this includes your sleeping bag stuff sack, replacing them with ziploc bags of all sizes and using a heavy duty trash compactor bag as a pack liner. Not only is the compactor bag more durable it is crazy cheap as well; that is to be said for the ziplocs as well. The only stuff sack required would be that to carry your food.

^Basically this is what I was carrying when I finished in GA this past Feb.^ I did not have the addidas shorts at that time and I was wearing Nike leggings w/ under armour 2.0 leggings and under armour boxer briefs all the time. The further north you go you will send some cold gear home and then you will really enjoy carrying a f-ton of food and still not be over 25lbs! Just be sure to have that cold gear ready for NH and ME buddy!