PDA

View Full Version : NOC no longer runs shuttle in the smokies does anyone else?

fizz3499
04-16-2013, 10:38
I will be leaving May 2nd for the AT. I was hoping to get a shuttle from newfound gap in the smokies into Gatlinburg or Cherokee but NOC is no longer running shuttles. Do any of you know if there is someone else who run shuttles that are reasonable. It's a long way to hitch hike and I would prefer not to hike the smokies straight through if I have a choice. I would appreciate any info you all could give me Thanks.

Donde
04-16-2013, 10:46
It's a fairly easy hitch. While in your guidebook the distance looks long, there is nothing else in between. Every car heading west from Newfound is going to Gatlinburg, and every car heading east from Gatlinburg will go to Newfound. You will be fine.

Old Hiker
04-16-2013, 12:18
Weekends were fairly busy with Trail magic from former thru hikers. Mr. Booth was there for me and 3 other hikers with food and a ride into G-burg, as well as a short tour of the town. Other magicians came up and offered as well. Cherokee Transit brought me back for $5 - they usually drop off in the parking lot at or about 1000 or so.

Good luck.

fizz3499
04-16-2013, 13:30
Thanks you two for the advise I'll just go ahead and hitch a ride. I appreciate the help