PDA

View Full Version : After getting injured on the AT one month in I decided to do this for hikers

JerryDwanw
04-18-2013, 10:10
Hello Appalachian Trail Hikers!

After leaving in March of this year from the Amacallola Falls approach trail on the AT and planning a complete tru-hike I ended up having to come home early after tearing my LC in the Smokeys. So with the time off I became creative and well, this will all be for the hikers out there.

I am building a complete social community in the style of Facebook just for hiking and in the process I decided that a complete hiking encyclopedia like wikipedia that hikers can build would be a great idea too. The hiking encyclopedia is called "TrailWili" and the social site is built like Facebook but for hikers and hiking It is brand new and ready for all hikers to have their way with it. In the meantime I am still working on other areas of the site but the doors are now open for anyone to join in. I feel it is in no way competition to Whiteblaze at all. The Hiking Social Community is at http://hikinghikes.com and it is now open. You hikers can come enjoy the site as you deem fit, it's free and always will be. Thanks all and I look forward to contributing here at Whiteblaze too. Had it not been for getting out on the AT and tearing my LCL I would have never had the opportunity nor the desire to have built this site for hiking.

Stogie88
04-18-2013, 10:15
just signed up, like the set-up so far! Good luck with further progress on the page!

JerryDwanw
04-18-2013, 10:24
Thank you Stogie... The set up is indeed awesome and I've worked my tail off building it lol... I will be adding as many features as possible per members request... Now I just need for it to get found and I think everyone will surely enjoy it. Soon, hopefully it will be filled with all the hikers of the worlds content, etc.

JerryDwanw
04-18-2013, 11:17
I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all those that are joining and I hope we can make this unique new hiking site a great one.

Akela
04-18-2013, 13:34
We'll fill it up quickly:D

JerryDwanw
04-18-2013, 14:11
Yes Akela I am seeing that...tons of folks already.. Thank you whiteblaze and friends

Capt Nat
04-18-2013, 14:36
I need help... Probably my fault but it won't let me in and now says my user name is in use...

JerryDwanw
04-18-2013, 15:03
Cap Nat... I'm not sure why that happened.. We are having some problems when users activate with their phones that we need to work out.. Anyway I activated you from my end.. maybe the activation link went to your spam folder.. Anyway you can log in now using whatever pasword you used when registering. Sorry

Anyway I dont want to use up Whiteblaze bandwidth for stuf like this to tick them off lol... Anyone else have any issues please go here http://hikinghikes.com/contact/

JerryDwanw
04-19-2013, 11:02
OK, we are definately having issues when people register via mobile and I still havent found the fix for it. At the present time if you register via mobile you will not get an activation link and wont be able to log in.. FIX FOR NOW - go ahead and register the same way and after doing so email me personally at hikinghikes (@) yahoo.com and I will activate you on my end. Be sure to fix the "@" in my address above before emailing me or I wont get it.

Thanks

AngryGerman
04-22-2013, 12:35
I'll have to check this out! Thanks

LAS
04-22-2013, 14:40
looks awesome. just signed up