PDA

View Full Version : My Video Overview: Tarptent Moment DW

capehiker
04-20-2013, 21:29
Hello folks-

I got the new TT Moment DW this past week and wanted to take it out and see how it performed. Mother Nature blessed us with some fantastic nasty weather which was a perfect setting. I had the tent seam sealed at Tarptent so it arrived ready to go. On my scale, the tent weighed in at 35.8oz (including the seam sealing). I did not get the optional ridge pole to assist with winds and snow so on my way to the the tent site, I picked up some parachute cord and a few extra stakes. They sure came in handy. The winds were gusting up to 30mph and it poured rain for 5 straight hours. The great news is the tent withheld to the strong winds and not a single drop of water came into the tent. I liked the ability to adjust the floor width and raise/ lower the fly on the ridgepole.

Video:
http://youtu.be/BKh6eX38Bxs

coach lou
04-20-2013, 22:04
I just checked that out, thanks ....I then went to check out 'Tarptent'................:-?

4Bears
04-20-2013, 22:13
Nice job, thanks for sharing!

Franco
04-20-2013, 22:51
One neat trick, not obvious, is that you can just slide the whole floor to one side of the tent almost eliminating the vestibule on that side but retaining the full floor width and creating a larger vestibule on the other side.You can see that in this clip (at about 7:30):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HK1-nryaY0&list=UU0PuLUKvG7Fxxex5BMVK4vw&index=1

capehiker
04-21-2013, 08:31
Thanks for the helpful hint, Franco. I will definitely explore that option.

CornerCreek27
04-22-2013, 02:56
great company for tents, I loved my rainbow last year and am planning to get a double to share with my girl. I can't say enough good things about mr. Shire and TT designs.
How do you like the Enlightenment sleeping system? I'm looking into good quilts that will work on the ground
Thx

CenAZwalker
04-22-2013, 12:51
Great video, thanks for sharing that.

capehiker
04-22-2013, 13:21
How do you like the Enlightenment sleeping system? I'm looking into good quilts that will work on the ground
Thx

I love it. I got that one from a member on here. It's like sleeping under a comforter at home. It's great for side sleepers and movers like me.

infini
04-30-2013, 05:34
How do you usually carry the moment? I have tried to carry a similar size packed tent at the sleeping pad straps, but it was loose and pulling out the fabric of my backpack.

capehiker
04-30-2013, 07:42
How do you usually carry the moment? I have tried to carry a similar size packed tent at the sleeping pad straps, but it was loose and pulling out the fabric of my backpack.

Sleeping bag on the bottom, then tent lengthwise in the center (so it looks like an upside down T). Then I put my cook kit, clothes, food, and ditty bag on either side. I'm going to expirment with putting the tent in a different stuff sack and have that horizontal on top of the sleeping bag.