PDA

View Full Version : Just for your viewing pleasure

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 13:12
Hi All -- Just made my first You Tube video ever covering the beginning of my Appalachian Trail hike. Got off trail a month ago with some medical issues, but will be able to return to hiking in just two more weeks. Can't wait to get back out there! Of course, the delay has caused some changes in my original hiking plan, but you can read all about that and more, as well as view the video, at: Walking Loon's AT Journey - http://www.youtube.com/watchv=xVkJ7gazbts Hope you enjoy it! The Walking Loon :)

Rasty
04-22-2013, 13:19
Hi All -- Just made my first You Tube video ever covering the beginning of my Appalachian Trail hike. Got off trail a month ago with some medical issues, but will be able to return to hiking in just two more weeks. Can't wait to get back out there! Of course, the delay has caused some changes in my original hiking plan, but you can read all about that and more, as well as view the video, at: Walking Loon's AT Journey - http://www.youtube.com/watchv=xVkJ7gazbts Hope you enjoy it! The Walking Loon :)

Link is not working.

Kookork
04-22-2013, 14:46
Link is not working.

By searching AT and walking Loon I found this link on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVkJ7gazbts

Rasty
04-22-2013, 14:49
By searching AT and walking Loon I found this link on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVkJ7gazbts

See! I knew I could get someone else to do the work for me! Thanks Kookork

Nice pictures April!

Dogwood
04-22-2013, 15:42
"Got off trail a month ago with some medical issues, but will be able to return to hiking in just two more weeks. Can't wait to get back out there! Of course, the delay has caused some changes in my original hiking plan...."

Sounds like you have some HEART April! Yeah! A month off and STILL getting back out there. I love it! Way to go! Stay strong now!

Kookork
04-22-2013, 18:03
See! I knew I could get someone else to do the work for me! Thanks Kookork

Nice pictures April!

We have a saying in Persian which says: A rubber who rubs another rubber is the king of rubbers. So if you made such a cyber lazy person like me to do your work then You are the king Rasty.

HikerMom58
04-22-2013, 18:33
We have a saying in Persian which says: A rubber who rubs another rubber is the king of rubbers. So if you made such a cyber lazy person like me to do your work then You are the king Rasty.

Thanks for fixing it KoKo! :)

April... this video is AMAZING!! Right at 9:10 in the vid. that's the family that I met in Daleville!! I shuttled them numerous times. How cool is that? You met them as well!! :banana They went back to the Smokey's. THey came up here to get out of the bad weather. Love them!!

April, you are one talented writer.. just sayin. You are also one of the kindest sweetest gal, I have ever met. I wish you the best in May when you get back on the trail. I'll see you in VA, April... I know I will! :)

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:09
Thanks for getting that link working for me Kookork.

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:09
Thanks Rasty...glad you liked it.

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:14
"Got off trail a month ago with some medical issues, but will be able to return to hiking in just two more weeks. Can't wait to get back out there! Of course, the delay has caused some changes in my original hiking plan...."

Sounds like you have some HEART April! Yeah! A month off and STILL getting back out there. I love it! Way to go! Stay strong now!

Hey Dogwood, at my age, you only get so many tries at this thing. I'm determined to make it happen! (God willing) The delay has actually been working in my favor. Since I'll be leap frogging up to Harpers Ferry to Maine and then back to Harpers Ferry south to where I got off or maybe even all the way back to Springer, I will avoid a lot of bad weather, hopefully and most of the summer heat. If you're interested, read my blog article Hopping the Hills to Harpers Ferry at http://walkingloon.blogspot.com

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:24
Aww thanks for all the kind words Karen. And you bet you are still on my list of people and places to visit on this trip. We'll have to wait a little longer since I'm leaping north of you, but I'll catch you on the flip side. (For some reason my return key isn't working while typing on WB today) Anyway, Amy's family, I think their last name is Grant or Ward, were just recently at the Aquone Hostel. I saw some pictures posted this morning on FB. I hiked with them a little ways past Justus Creek and we were at Neel Gap the same night as well. I ran into them again later and that's when I took the picture in the video. Everyone talks about how organized they are as a family. It's quite the endeavor for sure. -- I'll see ya!! :)

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVkJ7gazbts An operational link, I hope.

April Lohmann
04-22-2013, 19:36
The family's last name is Martin/Wade.

HikerMom58
04-22-2013, 19:54
Aww thanks for all the kind words Karen. And you bet you are still on my list of people and places to visit on this trip. We'll have to wait a little longer since I'm leaping north of you, but I'll catch you on the flip side. (For some reason my return key isn't working while typing on WB today) Anyway, Amy's family, I think their last name is Grant or Ward, were just recently at the Aquone Hostel. I saw some pictures posted this morning on FB. I hiked with them a little ways past Justus Creek and we were at Neel Gap the same night as well. I ran into them again later and that's when I took the picture in the video. Everyone talks about how organized they are as a family. It's quite the endeavor for sure. -- I'll see ya!! :)

Funny you should say that the return key wasn't working for you, same here! :confused:

Yes, Amy, her husband Alex and 4 kids, from Seattle Washington are a super nice family. Amy Martin/Ward is planning on hiking back here to Daleville but they can only pull out about 7 miles a day. She also said they need to take a zero every few days. The boys get so dirty she needs to wash their clothes that often. Bless her. I couldn't do it.

I'm soo looking forward to meeting you in person April. It's nice seeing you on FB too. :) I'll see ya! :)

Kookork
04-22-2013, 20:05
HikerMom And April:

If both of you have dysfunctional return key maybe it is because you used it more than any key in the keyboard. Give the key a rest and see what happens. It can rehab itself.:p

shelb
04-22-2013, 23:53
Very nice video! Good luck to you!!

Olustee bus
04-23-2013, 06:29
Well just dang. I really thought I would not do any hiking again. Now, after seeing your photos, I gotta put it on my list to do it again. The scenery was beautiful and it appears that making new friends on the trail is half the fun.

April Lohmann
04-28-2013, 10:17
Yeah, got to saying meeting hikers and the support teams is wonderful. Absolutely love all the smiling faces.

Matthikes
04-28-2013, 10:49
Great video. Good luck when you get back out there.

Rain Man
04-28-2013, 11:12
Great photos. Could you send me or post one of your pink backpack? I just made a bright pink pack cover for a female backpacking friend and she'd love to see the pink pack! :)

Rain:sunMan