PDA

View Full Version : Thanks WhiteBlaze - We created this for you!

JerryDwanw
04-24-2013, 02:22
I want to thank the owners and members here at WhiteBlaze for allowing me to advertise last week the new and exciting global hiking community website at http://hikinghikes.com.

In return for doing so over on our new TrailWiki I set up a page just for WhiteBlaze.net. Of course the hiking Encyclopedia (wiki) is just a very small part of http://hikinghikes.com but I felt that this would give you and or the members here the opportunity to build on the page I started and fill it with content. Of course anyone can also build a community page for their personal site or blog if they wish and at anytime as all parts of HikingHikes.com website is now open. The WhiteBlaze.net encyclopediai page can be seen and edited by anyone of you here: http://trailwiki.hikinghikes.com/Whiteblaze.net.

Again thank you all for your continued support of HikingHikes.com

Dwane

Chaco Taco
04-24-2013, 07:15
As a doubter of this from the beginning, I signed up and will see how it goes. I see this as an attempt to establish more or less, the hiking communities own version of Facebook. It will be interesting to see what happens although crossing even more social media to the trail could be dangerous or it could be good, guess we will see......

Rain Man
04-24-2013, 11:01
I set up a page just for WhiteBlaze.net. Of course the hiking Encyclopedia (wiki) is just a very small part of http://hikinghikes.com but I felt that this would give you and or the members here the opportunity to build on the page I started and fill it with content.

Did you ask permission? Did you ask if the WB owners wanted such a thing done "for" them? Otherwise, you are doing it "to" WB. And perhaps to generate traffic for your competing site?

Rain:sunMan

HikerMom58
04-24-2013, 11:21
Rain :sunMan... WB doesn't have anything to worry about at all. WB is a well established site. hikinghikes has a totally different feel to it. No worries. JerryDwanw already started another thread that you prob. missed. He explains everything in that thread. :)

jj2044
04-24-2013, 11:32
JerryDwanw, You have made 7 posts total, and all 7 are all about this "new and exciting" hiker site..... it sounds a lot like whiteblaze. At least to me it looks like you are just using WB to get traffic on your site, why would you start ANOTHER thread talking about the exact same thing ??? because no one was looking at your old thread anymore??? so you had to start another with a different title.

JerryDwanw
04-24-2013, 11:42
I'm sorry to you or anyone else that feels that way regarding me or the site but its OK... And this is a totally different thread in which I talked about something I was doing for Whiteblaze etc. Last thing I want is to offend anyone and if I did then sorry, I have one goal, and that is to "Unite".

Chaco Taco
04-24-2013, 17:19
It is actually different than Whiteblaze. Its set up with forums like here, but also the same features as facebook when facebook first came out. Its like combining a beta version of facebook with whiteblaze and BPL

max patch
04-24-2013, 17:22
Competition is the American Way. Everything improves with competition.

Chaco Taco
04-24-2013, 17:22
Come on, its just cyber walkin

BuckeyeBill
04-24-2013, 19:56
If I were Jerry, I woud be more concerned about Wikipedia finding out that he called his trai encyclopedia "Trail Wiki". This sounds like trademark infringement to me.

Wise Old Owl
04-24-2013, 20:00
Folks give it a rest if the mods or powers that be they will weigh in shortly...

Rasty
04-24-2013, 20:14
If I were Jerry, I woud be more concerned about Wikipedia finding out that he called his trai encyclopedia "Trail Wiki". This sounds like trademark infringement to me.

Wiki is open game. Hundreds of websites with wiki in it already.

Capt Nat
04-24-2013, 21:01
I burn garbage in the camp fire...

HikerMom58
04-24-2013, 21:07

Rut Roh... me 2! :D

atmilkman
04-24-2013, 21:55
Oooh. Fire Wiki!

MyName1sMud
04-25-2013, 12:28
Competition is the American Way. Everything improves with competition.
Agreed. I signed up for your site! Thanks for the link!