PDA

View Full Version : Need large boots ASAP

stillatit
04-24-2013, 17:43
I have large feet, 14 EEEE. Since my feet swell up at least a full size when hiking, I need 15 EE/W or 16 W. As anyone knows who has normal sized feet, a person does not go into a boot or shoe shop, try on just one pair, and then purchase them. Rather multiple pairs are brought out, tried on, and the purchaser then decides on one, if any, that fits best.

Where can someone with my size feet do this? (A rhetorical question...)? I blew out 2 old well-fitting pairs in just 3 days on the trail. I tried ordering a pair of 16 W Columbia boots from BigShoes.com, but they were still too tight. I had to pay the shipping out and back, about $36, merely to find out that they don't work for me. Of course, BigShoes willingly refunds the price of the boots, but the waste of money for shipping and the time involved are discouraging. Meanwhile, I'm not on the trail.

1. Does anyone know which manufacturers produce TRULY LARGE AND WIDE hiking boots? I'd appreciate any input on this before I keep trying to do this on line, and keep wasting my $ on shipping costs and time off the trail.

2. Does anyone know of a store in the eastern US (somewhat near the AT) that has multiple large sizes in stock so that I could go there and try on several pairs? (There is one in Cheyenne, WO, but that's out for now).

Any help here would be most appreciated.

Venchka
05-03-2013, 08:51
Give the folks at Limmer Boots a call. They might be able to fit you with their stock boots right away. The long term solution: Visit the folks at Limmer Boots and have 1-2 pairs of boots custom made. You will solve your problem forever.

http://www.limmercustomboot.com/cgi-bin/CustomBoot/index.pl

Wayne

Feral Bill
05-03-2013, 11:20
Give the folks at Limmer Boots a call. They might be able to fit you with their stock boots right away. The long term solution: Visit the folks at Limmer Boots and have 1-2 pairs of boots custom made. You will solve your problem forever.

http://www.limmercustomboot.com/cgi-bin/CustomBoot/index.pl

Wayne
I don't believe "right away" describes the delivery time for custom Limmer's.

Venchka
05-03-2013, 19:30
CUSTOM BOOTS = "LONG TERM SOLUTION."

Short term solution: call Limmer and ask them if they think that their largest & widest off the shelf boots might work. The folks at Limmer know feet & boots. They list their Standard & Mid-Weight boots up size 16 Wide. It is worth making a toll free call to talk to real boot people.
The folks running online mass merchandising outlets aimed at the largest, most generic market don't know Jack.

Wayne

lowerdegrl
05-03-2013, 22:28
Sorry I dont know where to go to try on multiple shoes but I have found some that have worked for me.Dunham by New Balance Men's MCR6630G Cloud Mid Cut Boot up to 4E, or Propet Men's Cliff Walker Boot up to 5E, I love the brand Propet have used them for years, have done research on the Dunham and plan to try them next. Both can be found on Amazon

Venchka
05-04-2013, 12:36
Or...stilatit could find a real New Balance store and get properly measured and fitted in person. Incline: up to Size 18/6EEE.

http://www.newbalance.com/Dunham-Incline/MCR956,default,pd.html?dwvar_MCR956_color=Dark%20B rown

I never have understood the false economy of buying disposable stuff.

Wayne

Pathfinder1
05-04-2013, 14:28
Hi...

I got my 16Ws from King Size. Take a look at their web site. They might have something for you.