PDA

View Full Version : Help with clothing list (roan mt area)

Labojo
04-25-2013, 16:39
Hi, I will be doing a section hike from sams gap to us19. This will be done the last week in may. I have no idea what kind of clothing list to shoot for. I was thinking,
Worn:
hiking shorts
synthetic short sleeve t
socks

Carried:
capilene 2 t
Capilene 1 bottom
extra sox
extra underwear
rain jacket

Will this be good enough or should I add more?

Mr. Bumpy
04-25-2013, 18:37
Fleece or light down vest
Toboggan

You'd be surprised how chilly it can get at night that time of year. I've seen mid-low 30's up there as late as mid-June.

M&M.
04-25-2013, 19:27
I would bring a fleece and a light compression jacket. Are you planning are taking rain gear?

Labojo
04-25-2013, 19:33
I was planning on taking a marmot precip jacket. Should I bring rain pants as well?

Mr. Bumpy
04-25-2013, 20:16
Fleece or down vest.
Toboggan

Rain pants are a more personal decision. I seldom carry rain pants, but I always have a dry bottom layer like tights or fleece for camp.

Labojo
04-26-2013, 08:13
Should I take zip off hiking pants instead of the shorts?

M&M.
04-28-2013, 19:47
I like the zip offs. They seem to work great in all seasons. I also take some light rain pants. They serve as rain/wind protection plus really hold in body heat. I have made the mistake of testing out some new gear in snow conditions on top of springer and the new gear just didn't cut it. I put my light weight rain gear on top and I was set. I think my rain jacket and pants wight in at 20oz. Easy decision for me.