PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Noah 12

Trebor66
05-01-2013, 17:57
I'm in the market for a tarp to use along with my ENO hammock and stumbled across this one for about 65 bucks. Had anyone used this particular tarp? Is it a decent option or not? I usually do 2 or 3 day hikes and am tired if the whole shelter scene..

gunner76
05-01-2013, 19:34
Its not bad but a bit on the heavy side is you are backpacking your gear

perdidochas
05-02-2013, 10:11
I'm in the market for a tarp to use along with my ENO hammock and stumbled across this one for about 65 bucks. Had anyone used this particular tarp? Is it a decent option or not? I usually do 2 or 3 day hikes and am tired if the whole shelter scene..

It's a huge tarp. It's on the heavy side (a little over 2 lbs), but is large enough that you can set it up as a winter tarp. I use a similar size/material tarp primarily for car camping with the scouts. Love the coverage.

Altarboy
05-05-2013, 20:27
I have the Noahs Tarp 9 and It's great. I don't have a great deal of experience w tarps and hammocks, though. Just a little caveat. I just converted from tents.

T.S.Kobzol
05-05-2013, 20:36
I have the 12 and the next size up (14 or 16)

They were my first tarps and did great kayak camping. I have then moved to GG Northern lights much smaller but I like the tarp a lot. My favorit though is HG Winter palace. Great in porch mode yet quick to totally close down. Its super light. I love it with my hammock.

sent from samsonite using tapioca 2

Trebor66
05-06-2013, 13:01
Thanks for the replies. Due to the weight I think I'll look for something else. I loved that price though...