PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Designs sleeping bag

Frank Patriot
05-01-2013, 23:02
I'm looking at the Sierra Designs Ridge Runner or Arrow Rock down bags, but I'm having trouble finding info on how small those will compress. Websites that sell them give the 'stuff size', but I'm not sure if thats the smallest they will compress or what. For example, the Ridge Runner 30 bag has a 7x16 stuff size, according to info on Backcountry.com. The Backcountry.com rep said thats the smallest compressed size, but that just seems kinda large for a 30degree down bag to me. Heck, my TNF Aleutian 20 synthetic will compress about that small. Can anybody help me out with some 411? Thanks

MDSection12
05-02-2013, 08:16
I'm looking at the Sierra Designs Ridge Runner or Arrow Rock down bags, but I'm having trouble finding info on how small those will compress. Websites that sell them give the 'stuff size', but I'm not sure if thats the smallest they will compress or what. For example, the Ridge Runner 30 bag has a 7x16 stuff size, according to info on Backcountry.com. The Backcountry.com rep said thats the smallest compressed size, but that just seems kinda large for a 30degree down bag to me. Heck, my TNF Aleutian 20 synthetic will compress about that small. Can anybody help me out with some 411? Thanks

I have a Ridgegunner 15 and it compresses to about the volume of a basketball. Probably slightly smaller, and obviously not perfectly round but that's the best comparison I can think of.

litefoot2000
05-02-2013, 10:00
I have a never used Ridge Runner 30 degree for sale. It will compress down to soccer ball size. I just now tried it. PM me if interested.

Frank Patriot
05-05-2013, 16:39
Does it have loops for a sleeping pad? I'm also looking at the Big Agnes Fish Hawk 30. I like that its very compressible, and has a sleeve for a pad.