PDA

View Full Version : 2000-miler rules: getting lost

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 13:25
I recently did a slack pack SOBO back to Pearisburg. It was near dusk when I hit the chemical plant area. I was on a gravel road near a large blue tank when things went wrong. I thought I saw a white blaze to my right, down the hill. Then I thought I saw another white blaze to my left. It made perfect sense as this was working me towards the bridge.

Then I saw a white blaze way to my left. It appears I was walking parallel to the actual trail for about a quarter mile. I picked up the trail where it went under the 4-lane and up the steps.

How does this fit in with the 2000-miler "rules"? Is this akin to losing the trail for a bit in bad weather? I know it's a very minor thing. Just curious.

I could swing through Pearisburg on the way down to Trail Days and pick it up.

10-K
05-05-2013, 13:27
You have to start over....

:)

But seriously...that happened to me once kinda and when I figured out what I'd done I went back and hiked the part I missed by mistake.

Fast forward to today and if happened again I would just keep going.

WingedMonkey
05-05-2013, 13:32
There are no rules for slack-packers.

:)

hikerboy57
05-05-2013, 13:37
youre allowed 2 mulligans.one on the front9 one on the back nine.

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 13:47
Well, were you moving "smartly" forward?....

[even though your dumb ass missed the trail marker] :)

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 13:52
Love the mulligan.

My wife is picking me up for Trail Days. I'll have a car. My plan is to just hike that 1/4 mile and get it over with. If not it might be one of those things that keeps bugging me.

Biggie Master
05-05-2013, 13:54
Don't worry about anybody else's rules. Is it important to you to take every step of the trail? Will this "put an asterisk" on your hike? It's all up to you...

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 13:54
that's what I'd do, it's a long walk to the big K to be feeling that kind shame.....

it's only backtrackin...

Mags
05-05-2013, 13:55
Only in "AT world" would there be this discussion. ;)

Please say a few novenas and beg forgiveness from the AT hiking council! :banana

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 13:56
Only in AT world would there be this discussion. ;)I admire him for tellin on himself:cool:

hikerboy57
05-05-2013, 14:00
now that he's answered his own question we can continue to beat the subject to death for the next few monthst

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 14:04
I admire him for tellin on himself:cool:
I may use a foot wedge on the golf course, but.........

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 14:06
In case ur wondering why I am posting. I'm just sitting at the peak before Keffer Oak, waiting for someone. Haven't had cell signal in awhile.

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 14:06
that's what I'd do, it's a long walk to the big K to be feeling that kind shame.....

it's only backtrackin...

especially now that it's been documented in print...I'm all for alerting the folks at the ATC office in Harpers Ferry, so they can spank him and send him home :D

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 14:07
now that he's answered his own question we can continue to beat the subject to death for the next few monthstgive it time....ya know the purist are out hiking today....but Sunday night never disappoints....

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 14:09
especially now that it's been documented in print...I'm all for alerting the folks at the ATC office in Harpers Ferry, so they can spank him and send him home :D
Am I gonna have to video myself hiking that 1/4 mile and have two witnesses?

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 14:11
especially now that it's been documented in print...I'm all for alerting the folks at the ATC office in Harpers Ferry, so they can spank him and send him home :DTake his picture and post it on the weekenders board for 3 days and 2 nights.

hikerboy57
05-05-2013, 14:12
Am I gonna have to video myself hiking that 1/4 mile and have two witnesses?

Is there a notary public nearby?

ChinMusic
05-05-2013, 14:16
I also missed the part where, I guess, the trail goes between two houses. I took the longer road route over to Lane Rd. having a double blaze on both sides of the utility pole threw me off.

Seriously, why would the trail go through someone's yard when the road turn is right there?

rocketsocks
05-05-2013, 14:18
I also missed the part where, I guess, the trail goes between two houses. I took the longer road route over to Lane Rd. having a double blaze on both sides of the utility pole threw me off.

Seriously, why would the trail go through someone's yard when the road turn is right there?Write off?

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 14:20
now that he's answered his own question we can continue to beat the subject to death for the next few monthst

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 14:23
Is there a notary public nearby?

Nah, just administer the Cafe Lie Detector Test. Find one of those old Operation Games and put some fresh batteries in it:
"Chin Music, try to put the funny bone in the arm hole"
ZAPPP!! he's lying.

Mountain Mike
05-05-2013, 14:26
Now you are making your own route after a committee did surveys & studies, environmental reports & all that other stuff! You better have a get out of jail card on you!:eek::p

Sly
05-05-2013, 14:29

Please say a few novenas and beg forgiveness from the AT hiking council! :banana

Heh, heh. When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

rickb
05-05-2013, 14:32
How does this fit in with the 2000-miler "rules"? Is this akin to loosing the trail for a bit in bad weather? I know it's a very minor thing.

Earl Shaffer got lost on his first thru hike in the Whites simply because he failed to have maps mailed in time. He wrote this in his report to the ATC, of course.

As such I think you are in very good company.

Interestingly, after people pointed that on in another on-line forum, the ATC quietly changed their 2000 miler application to note that only an honest attempted to follow hike the entire trail is required for that organizations particular award, even if one does not pass every blaze.

in the years since, the ATC has even said that in the event of a trail closure or dangerous conditions one need not walk an alternative route, but can bypass that section by taking a motor vehicle, and still be qualified for this particular reward.

For those who think this is all very ridiculous, I think it important to remember that a central mission to the organization that confirms this award was the idea of creating a continually blazed trail mattered a great deal. Unlike a true hiking organization that might have bypassed some sections altogether (like PA?) they created an award that considered their focus on an an unbroken line of while blazes. Crazy, huh?

johnnybgood
05-05-2013, 14:41
There is rule2b ; you never lost sight of the white blazes, therefore you're given linear latitude.

Hike on...

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 14:45
There is rule2b ; you never lost sight of the white blazes, therefore you're given linear latitude.

Hike on...

Not really...He might have blinked or closed his eyes, though, therefore, losing the continuity of visual orientation.

MuddyWaters
05-05-2013, 14:49
How many times have you stepped off edge of trail to avoid mud puddle?
Or walked on rocks on edge, instead of the muddy trail?
What about places where the trail seems 15' wide, on old roads how wide was the actual trail and where was it? Did it count if you walked several feet from it?
Or on rocky slabs with blazes far apart?

Its all quite ridiculous when you think about it.

Follow the path the trail takes, and you have followed the trail.

One could purport that the actual trail is as wide as the trail corridor , although you should stay on the established trail to minimize damage.

Yep, Earl Schaffer got lost a lot, the trail was in disrepair in areas and impossible to follow. He may have "missed" more trail than any other hiker.

1azarus
05-05-2013, 16:48
i think i made exactly that mistake, heading southbound, I hit that road and should have gone left fifty feet or so, but went right, and kept on walking down the road, and then made a left to walk to the bridge. At the time I was just too tired to go back, and i figured it didn't matter. it did end up bothering me a lot as i got closer to finishing the trail, and when I had the opportunity to stop by and fix it, I did hike it. That "makeup" was on the same trip I made to pick up that crazy loop spot in the trail just south of watauga lake -- i had bailed there on purpose to go into Hampton on a cold and wet February day. Silly, I know, but i felt compelled to go back and do it all.

4shot
05-05-2013, 17:18
at Dickey Gap just past Grayson Highlands, I was trying to get to a hostel in Troutdale Va. wasn't feeling to good that day.Well I had AWOL's guide and it said Troutdale was east so I started walking east per my compass. Had walked all the way from Springer without realizing 'east" in the guidebook always assumed you were heading north and meant to take a right (duh). Well of course I took a left. Ended up road walking on VA.16 thru the village of Sugar Grove and up to the Partnership Shelter. A lady who posts on here on WB was from Sugar Grove and offered to give me a ride but I declined. About a 14 mile road walk that day and it was hot. I was the butt of a few jokes there at the shelter from my fellow thru hikers but I was ok with that as they had plenty of extra pizza. From that point forward I never looked at my compass again unless I was off the AT in town, on a blue blaze,etc.

4Bears
05-05-2013, 17:35
i think i made exactly that mistake, heading southbound, I hit that road and should have gone left fifty feet or so, but went right, and kept on walking down the road, and then made a left to walk to the bridge. At the time I was just too tired to go back, and i figured it didn't matter. it did end up bothering me a lot as i got closer to finishing the trail, and when I had the opportunity to stop by and fix it, I did hike it. That "makeup" was on the same trip I made to pick up that crazy loop spot in the trail just south of watauga lake -- i had bailed there on purpose to go into Hampton on a cold and wet February day. Silly, I know, but i felt compelled to go back and do it all.
It all comes down to character and integrity. Character is oft' defined as what you do when people are watching. Integrity is defined as what you do when no one is looking.

Another Kevin
05-05-2013, 17:49

Because the Future of Thru-Hiking is routes rather than trails? ;)

Malto
05-05-2013, 18:20
If you ever hike the PCT in a high snow year, or in fact any year at all, you will change your outlook. I doubt anyone ever hikes that entire trail due to snow cover. I'm probably missing a good 400 miles due to losing the trail and paralleling it by a couple hundred miles or so. When you drive back, watch for speed traps. I can tell you from personal experience that they're sneaky.

Malto
05-05-2013, 18:21
Edit:
paralleling it by a couple hundred feet!

rickb
05-05-2013, 18:41
If you ever hike the PCT in a high snow year, or in fact any year at all, you will change your outlook. I doubt anyone ever hikes that entire trail due to snow cover. I'm probably missing a good 400 miles due to losing the trail and paralleling it by a couple hundred miles or so. When you drive back, watch for speed traps. I can tell you from personal experience that they're sneaky.

Rember that the organization that confirms the "2000 Miler Certificate" is not a hiking group. It's a Trail organization.

That's an important distinction, I think.

Long before some 15,000 people hiked its length, the ATC worked diligently to create a continuously marked footpath. That continuity was so important that volunteers blazed the trail along highway telephone poles and through some really crappy sections. Even the sections that sucked -- and some did -- mattered a great deal to their mission..

That Trail organization saw fit to recognize hikers that walked their creation should hardly be a surprise.

Hikers my think that not so important-- and that's just fine. But why is it that hikers feel such a need to co-opt the ATCs award and redefine it for themselves.

This always has struck me as weird.

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 18:52
Rember that the organization that confirms the "2000 Miler Certificate" is not a hiking group. It's a Trail organization.

That's an important distinction, I think.

Long before some 15,000 people hiked its length, the ATC worked diligently to create a continuously marked footpath. That continuity was so important that volunteers blazed the trail along highway telephone poles and through some really crappy sections. Even the sections that sucked -- and some did -- mattered a great deal to their mission..

That Trail organization saw fit to recognize hikers that walked their creation should hardly be a surprise.

Hikers my think that not so important-- and that's just fine. But why is it that hikers feel such a need to co-opt the ATCs award and redefine it for themselves.

This always has struck me as weird.

Actually, I'm with you, I've walked (to the best of my knowledge) every stinkin white blaze from Springer to Guilders Pond, MA so far. Even the stupid, sucky, boring, ugly parts.
You don't have to like every inch of the trail as you do it :)

Malto
05-05-2013, 20:57
My only point is that this absolute purist thing is an AT thing. The other two long trails are impossible to hike by these standards.

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 21:03
Edit:
paralleling it by a couple hundred feet!

A couple of hundred miles? Glad you clarified, I was thinking you had about the most liberal viewpoint on WB I've encountered, in which case I would have loved to had you for my college math instructors, I'd have passed with honors :D

Mags
05-05-2013, 21:51
My only point is that this absolute purist thing is an AT thing. The other two long trails are impossible to hike by these standards.

Hell, the CTF actually has an official alternate now! (http://www.coloradotrail.org/collegiate-west.html) :)

HikerMom58
05-05-2013, 22:35
This is ChinMusic, hacking into HikerMom's computer:

Thanks for all the input. Upon reading the ATC's position I am within their "rules" but will still probably head back to Pearisburg to rehike those minor segments.

Train Wreck
05-05-2013, 23:40
This is ChinMusic, hacking into HikerMom's computer:

Thanks for all the input. Upon reading the ATC's position I am within their "rules" but will still probably head back to Pearisburg to rehike those minor segments.

Is that a hint for us all to shut up now? :D

Dogwood
05-06-2013, 00:48
THIS SOUNDS SHADY FROM THE GET GO. Sounds too much like an Alice in Wonderland mind trip.

"....It was near dusk when I hit the chemical plant area. I was on a gravel road near a large blue tank(maybe the full moon?) when things went(horribly) wrong. I thought I saw a white blaze(bright light?) to my right,.... uhh, down the hill. Then I thought I saw another white blaze(another bright light) to my left. It made perfect sense as this was working me towards the....

Then I saw a white blaze(yet another bright light?) way to my left. It appears I was walking parallel to the actual trail for about a quarter mile. I picked up the trail where it went under the 4-lane(where you were living?) and up the steps(to the liquor store/meth house)."

At which pt, if I was a Police Officer, I would say, "step away from the trail, hold your hands up where I can see them, what's in the backpack?, .... etc. You're not another one of those lost meth heads on a multi-day binge out on a hike are you? We've had reports of someone wandering around in wide circles for the last three days looking for Pearisburg."

"Uhh, Officer I just wanted to know how does this fit in with the 2000-miler "rules"? Is this akin to losing the trail for a bit in bad weather? I know it's a very minor thing. Just curious."

"Ok Ok son will get you some medical assistance. You're not on the AT. You're in Kansas Toto. Place your hands behind your back for now." Copy that. 10-4. I'm bringing in a LIVE ONE. Requesting back up.

Bucketfoot
05-06-2013, 09:38
I hiked this section SOBO in fall 2011 and somehow lost the trail near that gravel road and ended up road walking back to the Rondevous Hotel in town. Maybe the trail needs better marking there.

FarmerChef
05-06-2013, 11:01
It was a little tricky. On our way in we just followed the smell....

Dogwood
05-06-2013, 11:52
I know I know ALL those big blue water tanks on trails these days can be confusing. :D

Ok on a more serious note, if I remember it right, the AT is routed down a dirt/gravel access road past that blue tank and/or then has a short bit that cuts off into the woods into a hollow and then regains another old access/logging road. Maybe you missed, where the trail cuts off the first access road. The trail entrance was marked with at least one white blaze(in your case you might label it as a bright white beacon of light).

It's OK. I forgive you that you INTENTIONALLY got yourself momentarily lost so that you could avoid hiking that 1/4 mile.

moose717
05-06-2013, 17:55
I'm a notary ... but I'm not putting it in writing!

treesloth
05-07-2013, 10:46
I just read all of this and I still don't truly get the gist. Can someone give me the condensed version?

Train Wreck
05-07-2013, 11:39
I just read all of this and I still don't truly get the gist. Can someone give me the condensed version?

The OP wants to know if he'll still be a real thru hiker if he doesn't physically hike the quarter mile he skipped by mistake :)

WingedMonkey
05-07-2013, 11:53
The OP wants to know if he'll still be a real thru hiker if he doesn't physically hike the quarter mile he skipped by mistake :)

While slack packing.

treesloth
05-07-2013, 11:54

LOL... 46 replies for that? Grandma Gatewood did a lot of road walking from what I understand. She still walked from Georgia to Maine, huh? I gotta tell ya, people worry about some trivial stuff when it comes to hiking.

Cookerhiker
05-07-2013, 12:24
My similar experience was section hiking SOBO in NC and the Smokies when Max Patch was so foggy that I couldn't see the posts so I'm sure that I missed a white blaze or 2. Didn't worry about it.

As I've said on other threads, the dilemma (more for section hikers but it can also affect thus) is road crossings where you take a town break or end your section hike. It's quite possible that you'll miss the part of the AT that crosses the road - shame, shame:rolleyes:

joshuasdad
05-07-2013, 12:43
I lost the trail SOBO multiple times in the same area as the OP in early January when hiking a hour or so after sunset. I lost it finally near a paved sideroad. After bushwacking down to the road (luckily it was January...), I hiked up and down the road a couple of times in an attempt to find the trail -- I could not find it NOBO or SOBO. So I headed down to the main road, hiked a 1/4 mile or so towards Pearisburg on the main road to get to the underpass, then picked up the trail there. Was then one of the last hikers to stay at the Rendezvous.

I probably will pick up that bit of trail in a month or so if convenient when continuing SOBO (still need to finish Pearisburg to Grayson Highlands, would be easy just to start a mile earlier), but I would not feel any guilt if I end up skipping it.

Anyway, it does not look that there is any guarantee I could find the trail next time as well... Maybe someone should look into the blazing there.

treesloth
05-07-2013, 14:10
So, lemme get this straight... because from all the reading and research I've done, and all the time spent (and ground covered) in the woods, this is really baffling me. Suppose someone started early, and had to skip the Smokies or Shennies (for instance) because the snowpack is insane and ever present dangers (blizzards/ice storms still happening) would most likely prevent safe passage. The said someone roadwalks around the the mountain range and picks up the trail afterwards and is able to stay on it. Person makes it to Katahdin.

There are people who wouldn't consider this person an 'purist' (for lack of a better term) or 'official' thru-hiker? Sounds crazy to me, but I'm just a lil' ol' rookie as far as backpacking itself goes.

rocketsocks
05-07-2013, 14:28
I'm a notary ... but I'm not putting it in writing!
This could require your embossed seal....21503 :D

Malto
05-07-2013, 14:31
So, lemme get this straight... because from all the reading and research I've done, and all the time spent (and ground covered) in the woods, this is really baffling me. Suppose someone started early, and had to skip the Smokies or Shennies (for instance) because the snowpack is insane and ever present dangers (blizzards/ice storms still happening) would most likely prevent safe passage. The said someone roadwalks around the the mountain range and picks up the trail afterwards and is able to stay on it. Person makes it to Katahdin.

There are people who wouldn't consider this person an 'purist' (for lack of a better term) or 'official' thru-hiker? Sounds crazy to me, but I'm just a lil' ol' rookie as far as backpacking itself goes.

There are many that would not consider this completed thru. In 2011 on the PCT we had a monster snow year and extremely treacherous stream crossings. Many of the early hikers skipped North Yosemite because two very experienced triple crowners declared it impassible. (It was possible, but not easy.) When we got up to Or and Wa we would run into day or section hikers and after asking if we were thru hikers normally would ask if we walked all the way thru. So, in their mind as well as many others it makes a difference. My perspective is that we have to hike the trail as it appears not the one we dream about. That may mean that a short delay is needed to wait out conditions but I wouldn't bypass a section just because its inconvenient. But having said that I also don't have a problem with others that don't live up to that standard, each has to set the bar and live with it. I am also not a complete purist though. In north Yosemite I hiked on the east side of Falls creek instead of the west because of a nasty stream crossing. I paralleled the trail by a couple hundred yards for several miles until I found a snow bridge to cross. But I was hiking in the same valley, the trail and my path was completely covered by snow so it make my criteria for success.

Victory at Falls Creek

WingedMonkey
05-07-2013, 14:37

Your patch will be withheld for using the made up geographical term of Shennies.

:p

max patch
05-07-2013, 14:55
Your patch will be withheld for using the made up geographical term of Shennies.

:p

Lake Winfield Scott - a 2 mile blue blaze off the AT where Ed Garvey spent a nite on one of his hikes - is referred to by some people (who should know better) as Lake Winnie. Same people probably say Neel Gap.

treesloth
05-07-2013, 15:09
There are many that would not consider this completed thru. In 2011 on the PCT we had a monster snow year and extremely treacherous stream crossings. Many of the early hikers skipped North Yosemite because two very experienced triple crowners declared it impassible. (It was possible, but not easy.) When we got up to Or and Wa we would run into day or section hikers and after asking if we were thru hikers normally would ask if we walked all the way thru. So, in their mind as well as many others it makes a difference. My perspective is that we have to hike the trail as it appears not the one we dream about. That may mean that a short delay is needed to wait out conditions but I wouldn't bypass a section just because its inconvenient. But having said that I also don't have a problem with others that don't live up to that standard, each has to set the bar and live with it. I am also not a complete purist though. In north Yosemite I hiked on the east side of Falls creek instead of the west because of a nasty stream crossing. I paralleled the trail by a couple hundred yards for several miles until I found a snow bridge to cross. But I was hiking in the same valley, the trail and my path was completely covered by snow so it make my criteria for success.

Victory at Falls Creek

Meh. Well, I guess that's one of the reasons why this very board exists. Opinions are varied and rich with info. Thanks for your input.

max patch
05-07-2013, 15:15
The oft-stated thru hiker completion rate is 25% or so.

The actual rate is 1%-3%.

Sounds like the OP wants to be a 1 percenter and was asking for clarification.

This being WB he should have used the straight forward forum.

ChinMusic
05-07-2013, 15:59
This being WB he should have used the straight forward forum.
What, and miss all the fun?

treesloth
05-07-2013, 16:11
CM - Godspeed man, keep walking North and don't worry about the little nitpicky crap. :)

4Bears
05-07-2013, 16:48
CM - Godspeed man, keep walking North and don't worry about the little nitpicky crap. :)
Now that sounds like a plan, but if is going to bother you, go do it. HYOH

Malto
05-07-2013, 17:40
What, and miss all the fun?

I love it, throw raw meat into WB, goof and hike then look for survivors.

hikerboy57
05-07-2013, 17:44
should start a new thread" trolling while on the trail"

Capt Nat
05-07-2013, 17:53
I have been contacted by Hexamudbugphlem, God of the Trail. Nobody has yet hiked the trail with the purity and shamaze that the Trail God recognizes. So be it as judged...

haileydp
05-07-2013, 18:30
Iʻm a Notary Public. I can sign for you but I will need 2 forms of Government issued I.D. along with a written affidavit, video and of course, two witnesses. Or you can just summit Katahdin twice when you get there, thatʻll count too.

max patch
05-07-2013, 18:40
should start a new thread" trolling while on the trail"

Yes, the first post could have been a troll. Or it could have been an honest question.

I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

hobby
05-07-2013, 18:47
I may use a foot wedge on the golf course, but.........

If you sign an incorrect score card, your disqualified.......or it used to be that way. Ask ATC if you can get by with a 2 mile penalty and keep walking.

ChinMusic
05-07-2013, 19:05
If you sign an incorrect score card, your disqualified.......or it used to be that way. Ask ATC if you can get by with a 2 mile penalty and keep walking.
Awesome......

hikerboy57
05-07-2013, 19:16
Yes, the first post could have been a troll. Or it could have been an honest question.

I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
nah its chin music.no troll. but he answered his own question once he had thought about it, which i had suspected would happen. in the op, hes already doubting the legitimacy of his hike, never had any choice but to go back and hike the section.woulda bothered him forever.
but we can still squeeze out a few more pages "discussing" it, cant we?

max patch
05-07-2013, 19:40
Well, he'll be on the trail for another 4 months give or take so this bein' WB at least that long.

ChinMusic
05-07-2013, 19:49
nah its chin music.no troll....
The best threads have troll-like aspects, by "accident".....

hikerboy57
05-07-2013, 19:58
The best threads have troll-like aspects, by "accident".....
im rooting for you cm, have a great hike. im going sobo from K sometime in august, maybe ill see you up there.

Train Wreck
05-07-2013, 20:37
Iʻm a Notary Public. I can sign for you but I will need 2 forms of Government issued I.D. along with a written affidavit, video and of course, two witnesses. Or you can just summit Katahdin twice when you get there, thatʻll count too.

I don't need a thru-hiker affadavit but I do have a car title that needs to be notarized. It doesn't matter if you're in Hawaii and I'm in NC, does it? I did visit the big island a few years ago, that should be enough, right?

ChinMusic
05-16-2013, 13:07
I could swing through Pearisburg on the way down to Trail Days and pick it up.
Case closed. Just swung through Pburg and hiked my missed sections. The first missed turn was quite a bit passed the blue tank. The trail just takes a hard left into the woods with no double blaze warning. The second could use a bit of paint on the road.

Saw Bearfoot from Facebook on that section near the gravel road.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zpsa40c1146.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zps92c3ba64.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zpsb4fce269.jpg

My dog "notarized" the sections in question.

FatHead64
05-16-2013, 13:20
Case closed. Just swung through Pburg and hiked my missed sections. The first missed turn was quite a bit passed the blue tank. The trail just takes a hard left into the woods with no double blaze warning. The second could use a bit of paint on the road.

Saw Bearfoot from Facebook on that section near the gravel road.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zpsa40c1146.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zps92c3ba64.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/null_zpsb4fce269.jpg

My dog "notarized" the sections in question.

...........:banana:banana:banana

HikerMom58
05-16-2013, 13:26
I see that diet coke in yo hand!! WTG!! :)

rocketsocks
05-16-2013, 13:36
The planets have alined, and the universe has been reset...That's the hairiest notary I've ever seen.

Deer Hunter
05-16-2013, 14:18
I see that diet coke in yo hand!! WTG!! :)

I believe Chin likes Diet Cokes. He made a quick stop in a convenience store here to pick up a couple, or three or four. :)

HikerMom58
05-16-2013, 15:22
I believe Chin likes Diet Cokes. He made a quick stop in a convenience store here to pick up a couple, or three or four. :)

You are right about that DH. B-Rocket is quite sure he will turn into a diet coke..lol!

nickgann
06-07-2013, 07:52
Back in college I had a music professor who caught a student cheating on their test. We all know she caught the person because the next day in class she opened with a speech to the entire class and never called the person out specifically. She said "if you want to cheat your way through life then it is a decision you make but understand that integrity is not selective... You either always have it or you never have it"

That stuck with me through the years. So you get to define what it all means for you but if something bothers you, by all means fix it so you can feel great about your accomplishment not burdened.