PDA

View Full Version : Salomon Eskape?

Tree Nerd
05-06-2013, 18:01
Anyone try these for backpacking? Any good? I was looking at them in the store today, didn't have time to try them on, but they seem like a study shoe of good quality and support.

Nutbrown
05-06-2013, 18:29
Not sure about the Eskape, but I love my XA pro's. I might even pay retail for them when mine finally die!

Chris10
05-06-2013, 19:14
Hi,

I actually posed the same question about a month or two ago, and didn't get any response. I went and bought them anyway, because they seemed like what I needed, and were a great price. Anyway....
I really like the feel of them. They have a wider toe box which was perfect for me. I have found them to be at this point very sturdy and well built. It did take about two-three weeks for me to get comfortable in them, but now They have a great feel and fit. I bought mine about a half size bigger, I take an 11, and bought 11.5.
having said all of this, I live in coastal Georgia, so all of the trails I have used them on have been relatively flat however I hope they will feel this good on the up and down of the AT. Salomon's are supposed to be pretty good shoes. If I can answer anything else about them, let me know!

Tree Nerd
05-09-2013, 09:30
Hi,

I actually posed the same question about a month or two ago, and didn't get any response. I went and bought them anyway, because they seemed like what I needed, and were a great price. Anyway....
I really like the feel of them. They have a wider toe box which was perfect for me. I have found them to be at this point very sturdy and well built. It did take about two-three weeks for me to get comfortable in them, but now They have a great feel and fit. I bought mine about a half size bigger, I take an 11, and bought 11.5.
having said all of this, I live in coastal Georgia, so all of the trails I have used them on have been relatively flat however I hope they will feel this good on the up and down of the AT. Salomon's are supposed to be pretty good shoes. If I can answer anything else about them, let me know!

Thanks for the info! Once I get paid, I'm going shoe shopping.