PDA

View Full Version : Jetboil

Beeker3882
07-09-2005, 22:50
Hey,

I'm hiking the AT in Vermont with a friend this August, and I'm looking for a backpacking stove. I have heard good things about the Jetboil stove - it looks pretty cool, from what I can tell. Would 1 Jetboil be enough for my friend and me to share? We are planning to just use it to boil water for oatmeal, dried soups, coffee, etc. I've heard it's good to have one stove per person, but if the Jetboil boils water quickly, maybe 2 stoves are not necessary for us? And is the Jetboil that much better than other stoves? Any thoughts?

Thanks! happy hiking :)

Nean
07-09-2005, 22:52
Any thoughts Jack?:D

Frosty
07-09-2005, 23:21
Hey,

I'm hiking the AT in Vermont with a friend this August, and I'm looking for a backpacking stove. I have heard good things about the Jetboil stove - it looks pretty cool, from what I can tell. Would 1 Jetboil be enough for my friend and me to share? We are planning to just use it to boil water for oatmeal, dried soups, coffee, etc. I've heard it's good to have one stove per person, but if the Jetboil boils water quickly, maybe 2 stoves are not necessary for us? And is the Jetboil that much better than other stoves? Any thoughts?

Thanks! happy hiking :)Check the archive. There are a couple of long threads discussing the Jetboil.

Frosty
07-09-2005, 23:23
Check the archive. There are a couple of long threads discussing the Jetboil.Hit send by accident. Besides the archive, to answer a specific queston you asked, You can buy just the Jetboil cups and two three four or whatever people can use the same burner assembly.

Frosty
07-09-2005, 23:25
Whatever happened to the EDIT buttons we used to have and that other forums have? So we can go back and correct spelngs and tpyos and clarify meaning? Sometimes I leave out small words (like "not") that change the meaning of the post.

SGT Rock
07-10-2005, 00:27
Whatever happened to the EDIT buttons we used to have and that other forums have? So we can go back and correct spelngs and tpyos and clarify meaning? Sometimes I leave out small words (like "not") that change the meaning of the post.
It comes and goes :-?

neo
07-10-2005, 16:00
i love my jetboil:cool: neo

http://www.jetboil.com/

neo
01-26-2007, 14:59
i love my jetboil:cool: neo

http://www.jetboil.com/

jet boil rules:cool: neo