PDA

View Full Version : Watch Trek!!!

karen0540
07-10-2005, 22:42
I purchased a copy of "Trek" (the documentary filmed by 4 guys as they thru-hiked a few years ago) and it is a wonderful story. My son and his friend are out there right now, SoBo, approaching end of Maine section...I have watched the movie 3 times already! What a great way to find out what life is really like out there! (besides the wealth of knowledge on this forum, of course!) These kids did a fantastic job filming and editing this film, and are all very interesting, likable guys. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the AT-and even if you're not, it's still an inspiring, educational, and entertaining story.

MDSHiker
07-10-2005, 22:45
It's my personal favorite so far.

Smile
07-11-2005, 07:53
I'll have to agree - the best so far. The new one by Mark Flagler was good too....but more like an educational presentation than a documentary.

Jaybird
07-11-2005, 09:14
I purchased a copy of "Trek" (the documentary filmed by 4 guys as they thru-hiked a few years ago) and it is a wonderful story. ......................etc,etc,etc,........I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the AT-and even if you're not, it's still an inspiring, educational, and entertaining story.

ME TOO! ME TOO!

I purchased "TREK" when it wuz first released...& still believe it's one of the BEST i've seen.... :D

Kerosene
07-11-2005, 12:06
I purchased Trek after camping with Strider's father one night in southern Virginia the year after their hike. He was so enthusiastic about his son's exploits that I had to check it out.

Frosty
07-11-2005, 13:12
I purchased a copy of "Trek" (the documentary filmed by 4 guys as they thru-hiked a few years ago) and it is a wonderful story. My son and his friend are out there right now, SoBo, approaching end of Maine section...I have watched the movie 3 times already! What a great way to find out what life is really like out there! (besides the wealth of knowledge on this forum, of course!) These kids did a fantastic job filming and editing this film, and are all very interesting, likable guys. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the AT-and even if you're not, it's still an inspiring, educational, and entertaining story.Wan't it great. There is another AT DVD by Mark Flagler that is awesome, too.

Bob Baker
07-11-2005, 23:23
I bought Trek after being dissapointed by 2000 Miles to Maine and was very impressed. Great movie.

Sly
07-11-2005, 23:29
Haven't seen Trek yet, but thoroughly enjoyed "Walking with Freedom" The flick was great and the wildlife scenes and soundtrack just awesome.

SavageLlama
07-13-2005, 23:58
TREK is a great, great film. Have watched it many times.

But I still want to know what part of the trail they were at when jumping off that cliff into the water... Anyone know??? :confused:

Sly
07-14-2005, 00:02
TREK is a great, great film. Have watched it many times.

But I still want to know what part of the trail they were at when jumping off that cliff into the water... Anyone know??? :confused:

Haven't seen the flick but offhand maybe it's the cliff just north of Port Clinton once you cross the road.

Lion King
07-14-2005, 10:14
Haven't seen the flick but offhand maybe it's the cliff just north of Port Clinton once you cross the road.
Yup.

This one is one of my favorites as well. It at least shows that it aint all roses and candy, which is as important as any aspect.

StarLyte
07-14-2005, 12:50
I need to see this! "Trek"....is this an independent? Any other info ? --Marsha

Footslogger
07-14-2005, 14:09
I need to see this! "Trek"....is this an independent? Any other info ? --Marsha===============================
Marsha ...TREK was filmed by 4 hikers in 2001. I met them when I was with my wife on her thru. One of the hikers pictured in the film TREK (Sherrif) currently owns the Baja Cafe (formerly the Side Track Cafe) in Damascus. They formed a company called "Cirque Productions" and in addition to their own adventures, they produce adventure videos for other groups. Check out their website:

http://www.cirquevideo.com/

'Slogger

rhjanes
07-18-2005, 15:36
watched this last weekend. very good work!!! From 15 minutes in, I knew that 2 would make it. When, all three did!!! fourth got injured and personal stuff and didn't complete it, but they had others joining for sections.
I would have edited out the "finger" part, served no purpose.
I would have edited out throwing up milk part.
Other than that....great stuff. I was really taken back by the wind and storm scean up in the NE. That really captured it what I've only had the priviledge of reading about. Hat's off to them. Recomend it.

trippclark
07-18-2005, 16:22
I would have edited out the "finger" part, served no purpose.
I would have edited out throwing up milk part.
Recomend it.

Agree. Enjoyed the film. The "finger part" was really annoying because, like you said, it served no purpose. This 3 seconds of footage made it a movie that I could not show to Scouts. Unfortunate. 99% of the movie was great!

dream
08-09-2005, 14:29
Awesome movie. It arrived in the same box as 2000 miles to maine. 2000 miles doesn't even deserve to be in the same box. and I don't care if it sponsors this website.