PDA

View Full Version : bottlestoves.com...anyone experience?

hikestofish
05-11-2013, 18:59
Folks,

I ordered a stove from bottlestoves.com on 5 May and received a confirmation email. I emailed the proprietor, inquiring about an expected delivery date but haven't received a response. I'm not trying to sound impatient but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and about how long the it takes to receive the stove once you place an order? I really like the look of the stoves and was interested in their performance opposed to other stoves that I have made in the past.

Thanks,

James

rocketsocks
05-11-2013, 19:13
Folks,

I ordered a stove from bottlestoves.com on 5 May and received a confirmation email. I emailed the proprietor, inquiring about an expected delivery date but haven't received a response. I'm not trying to sound impatient but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and about how long the it takes to receive the stove once you place an order? I really like the look of the stoves and was interested in their performance opposed to other stoves that I have made in the past.

Thanks,

James6 days...I wouldn't sweat it...outside of Christmas..Mothers day is probably right up there as one of the busiest mail days...I mean we all have one ...right.

hikestofish
05-12-2013, 06:18
You are probably right. I'm not the least bit worried about not receiving the stove but I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them in the past.

Southerner
05-12-2013, 16:54
I had a good experienced with Bottlestoves.com last year and highly recommend them. About two weeks before I left for Maine, I changed my mind about using my canister stove. The proprietor got my order to me in good time, even without me opting for rush delivery. I got the impression, though, that it's pretty much a one man operation, so if he gets bogged down with orders or is out doing something, he may not be as fast as normal. My stove is great, though, and still working as well as it did the day it arrived, even after a through-hike and now almost weekly camping.

hikestofish
05-12-2013, 18:20
Thank you, Southerner. I also got the impression that it is a one man show and I guess with the outdoor season in full swing delivery times could be a little longer than expected. Good to hear that it works well. I was impressed with the Youtube videos so I figured I'd give it a shot and I also like not having to carry a pot stand. The simpler I can keep my kit, the better.

moongoddess
05-15-2013, 11:57
I've ordered from Bottlestoves.com as well, and also had a good experience.

treesloth
05-15-2013, 12:25
Where the heck has that Cabbagehead fellow been lately anyways?

hikestofish
05-15-2013, 19:13
I should have the stove tomorrow and since I already had a short overnight trip planned I will have the perfect opporotunity to try it out.

dink
05-15-2013, 20:44
I have 2 from him and got them no problem...one order got lost in the mail and he shipped out another no charge the minute I called asking if he had shipped it yet

Tramp
07-06-2013, 22:46
I to have 2 of cabbageheads stoves. Great stoves great service great guy.

Altarboy
11-29-2013, 21:21
I enjoy my bottlestove. Use a windscreen.

cabbagehead
02-27-2014, 13:52
The longest time I ever waited to ship was about 7 days. It probably had to do with school or sickness. Sorry.

I just made my 1st robot. It's not good for business to share robot designs, but I like to promote automation. I plan to share my primitive robotics knowledge in the future, but not on this site because its off topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngXpEp8eEM

cabbagehead
02-27-2014, 13:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngXpEp8eEM

bfayer
02-27-2014, 14:49
Very Cool!

Thanks for sharing.

Weather-man
03-08-2014, 07:56
Truly impressive innovation.