PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog in Shelton Laurel/Devil's Fork area

cconkin
05-12-2013, 14:13
Our dog, Reggie, disappeared from Mill Creek Road in the Shelton Laurel/Devil's Fork area. This is between Greeneville and Erwin. Please keep an eye out for him and help him make it home to his people. He is 9 years old and weighs about 30 pounds. He is very shaggy with long black/brown hair. He was last seen wearing an orange collar. Please email [email protected] or call 423-367-5597.

winger
05-12-2013, 15:59
Posting a pic would help in the effort.

cconkin
05-12-2013, 19:50
Whoops. I'm a bit of Luddite, I guess. Thanks for keeping a lookout. :) We desperately miss our best buddy.

prain4u
05-12-2013, 23:23
I myself have a dog. (Actually, I think the dog has me under his control!). Thus, my heart goes out to you as you await the return of Reggie. I would be distraught if it were my own dog that was missing. Therefore, you--and Reggie--are in my thoughts tonight. I hope--and pray--that Reggie is found and returned to you safe and sound.

It is SO easy for a dog to get away from us--especially in the woods. Even the best behaved dog--under the constant supervision of the best human companions in the world--can get away from us in just the blink of an eye. What has happened to you (with Reggie) is one of the concerns/cautions that I often share as a response when people post on WhiteBlaze and they ask whether they should bring their dog on their thru hike or section hike. I encourage them the think about how they would feel if their dog got away from them in the woods. I would not want ANYONE to face what you are facing tonight.

Again, I am hoping for the quick return of Reggie! Good luck! (If I lived in the area, I would be out in the woods trying to help find Reggie)

waywardfool
05-13-2013, 07:40
Hope you get a call

My dog has turned into quite the escape artist. Last winter, he made it over 5 miles away from the house in under an hour.

We were able to go to right where he was and pick him up, though. He wears a Garmin GTU-10 GPS unit. When he leaves a predefined area (gps mapped) it sends me a text message, and i dan look at a map on my phone and see exactly where he is. Well worth it...it has paid for itself several tes now.

FWIW (for future reference)

HikerMom58
05-13-2013, 08:46
I will also pray that he is found. I feel your pain.

Gray Blazer
05-14-2013, 07:51
I know it's late now. Next time leave a shirt of yours or a jacket. If the dog comes back later, it may stay on your shirt.

Water Rat
05-14-2013, 09:23
I know it's late now. Next time leave a shirt of yours or a jacket. If the dog comes back later, it may stay on your shirt.

That is a good point for all of us dog-owned-people! Thanks for the tip for the rest of us to keep in our heads for the "just in case" moments in life.

Any word on Reggie? I'm hoping Reggie is now home, and you just have not had the chance to update us!