PDA

View Full Version : MSR Titan Kettle VS. Evernew 900ml Mug pot

Crowe
05-12-2013, 19:01
It is time to add some weight to my base weight. I am switching from the beer pot and ziploc, to an actual pot. I will still be doing the FBC, just using the pot instead of the bag. I am tired of eating out of ziplocs--time for a "bowl/pot/cup/etc".

So the questions:
The #1 Question-- Does anyone have experience with BOTH of these pots? Once again BOTH POTS. Do you have any pros or cons on either one?

#2-- Does anyone have experience with just the Evernew mug pot. I notice from some online pictures, that the bottom of the pot has a "bump out" or bump bottom. Is this curved on the inside or is it a sharp bend. I am thinking of how easily it will be to clean the pot. What do the handles weigh? I have found weights on the lid (0.84 oz) and pot (2.7 oz), but what about the pot without handles?

#3--On the MSR--If you have a newer one (bought new within the past year or so) what does the pot, lid, and handles weigh? I am after SEPARATE weights (I can't find them on the new stuff). I have found several weights on the pot and lid, and they are all kind of different, I guess there are some differences due to the time of manufacture.

I really am not after any opinions/reviews on the MSR Titan (just the weights)--There are HUNDREDS everywhere already.

Thanks for any responses. I don't mean to come across rude with the emphasis on certain things--Just kinda after some straight forward responses.