PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Trekker 4300 specs?

jberretta7
05-14-2013, 18:49
I've been looking all over for the weight of this pack and I cannot find it anywhere. Any place that does have reviews on it or whatever don't have the specs because it was discontinued years ago. I don't even remember the year I got this pack but it was somewhere between 00-03 if I had to guess. I just hiked Springer to Unicoi Gap and my pack killed me. I had to have started the trip out pushing 52lbs or so. I want to know the weight of this pack because I am for sure getting a new pack will be much better for my 5'9" 140lbs frame. I might be an Eagle Scout and a collegiate soccer player but I got rocked by the altitude (I live at sea level) and the pack weight on this hike. I'm talking bruised hips and strained muscles so bad I could hardly move the next morning. I know to some of you old timers that might be a regular feeling but I'm only 23 years old and shouldn't feel like that. I definitely need a gear revamp and I want to start with the pack but if I don't know the base weight of the thing then I'm shopping blind.

Any help at all is appreciated. And you can comment on how my pack was too heavy and all that but guess what, I already know that due to learning things the hard way so it's falling on deaf ears!

perdidochas
05-15-2013, 12:04
Most people recommend you choose your gear first, and then the pack to fit it.

Crusinsusan
05-15-2013, 12:10
Is this (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kelty-trekker-external-frame-pack-for-men~p~85114/)it?

Overview says its 4300 cu.in. 5 lb. 10 oz.

moytoy
05-16-2013, 06:35
Like others have said, lighten your gear first then decide what pack fits you and your gear. The 5 lb. 10 oz. is probably correct. I have a Trekker 65 witch is 3950 cu in. and it weighs 4 lb and 10 oz.