PDA

View Full Version : My 12.95 oz WITH fuel kit set-up

Crusinsusan
05-24-2013, 17:56
I was tempted to post this in the UL forum, but this noob doesn't yet feel qualified to enter that realm. :p
I found that the Snowpeak 600 Ti mug with "lips" will fit a small jetboil fuel canister, and the 1.7oz hornet mini stove. I added a reflectix cozy/lid and made a "hard" lid from a small Nedo can. Pics and more can be found on my blog (http://crusinsusan.blogspot.com/).

Well! I think it's pretty cool! :banana

mtntopper
05-24-2013, 18:55
I think the Nedo can lid will rust. BTW I liked your web site.

Crusinsusan
05-24-2013, 18:59
Ya, well, snowpeak doesn't make a lid for it, although others do...but for a ridiculous price. I'll just manage.

Crusinsusan
05-24-2013, 19:00
Oh, and glad you like the blog.

mtntopper
05-24-2013, 20:13
I made a lid out of thick alum. pie pan.

Crusinsusan
05-24-2013, 23:32
I tried the pie pan thing too, but I should have used a thicker pan. Then I found this one, and the lip of it fits nicely right over the lip of the SP.

If it rusts, I'll make a new one out of what I can find in towns.

Dogwood
05-25-2013, 01:25
Oh I can tell you got that UL savvy pissy contest attitude working for ya. C'mon over here into the UL forum little kitty kitty. Let's play.

That beats the total wt of my 828 ml(28 fl oz) Ti Mini Soloist WITH stock lid WITH mini handle and the Snow Peak Ti Lite Max iso stove(1.9 oz) wt I use. But do you have a foldable Ti spork like I do? Me think not Precious. :(

Please don't tell me you don't need a utensil to eat! I hate it when I lose a UL pissing contest to a woman.:D
Seriously, you got a nice UL isobutane cook set up. Shweet!:banana

I tried the 600 ml mug as my pot. Was going to make my own lid just like you did to go with it but found the mug didn't have enough volume for a package of Knorrs and a pack of tuna in it with perhaps a bit of cut up veggies.

Crusinsusan
05-25-2013, 08:19
http://imgs.mi9.com/uploads/animal/229/the-roar-of-an-angry-lion_1024x768_3491.jpg

Meow!!

But ya, it might be too small. We'll see.

Dogwood
05-25-2013, 11:28
Like the blog and feisty fresh attitude too. You bring some playful I'm gonna express myself energy and style to the place. Bring it. GOOD FOR YOU. I like fresh air too. Another non conformist. You need some outrageous Dirty Girl Gaiters or some leggings to go with that shoe collection.

Thanks for the beta on the Fire Maple stove. I wanna check it out.

Crusinsusan
05-25-2013, 17:19
Heyyyyy....where'd my pic of the roaring tiger go??

Phooey.

Glad you like the blog: attitude, feisty, fresh and all. lol

Gaters smaters; I'm already toppling a 27 lb pack. And no, I'm not posting my gear list, because I'm my own best critic. :p

Dogwood
05-25-2013, 23:16
BRAT! but you like being called that. Admit it.

Crusinsusan
05-26-2013, 19:39
Frankly, I prefer Your Majesty.

Snowleopard
05-27-2013, 12:00
Nice. I've been using the Snowpeak titanium bowl for a pot, which is lighter at 1.6 oz and the same capacity (20oz), but your setup is more compact. How long did shipping take for the stove?

You'll sure be easy to recognize after the mud gets washed off those shoes.

Her Majesty, crusinsusan: No one has any idea what this woman will do. Not even her.

Crusinsusan
05-27-2013, 18:13
It took about 2.5 weeks, which surprised me; I thought it would take longer. And man, did it come wrapped up with some serious packing tape. I'm told that's the best way if something is going international.

And ya, my shoe collection is, erm, colorful.