PDA

View Full Version : Zlite and ULA Citcuit

Studlintsean
05-27-2013, 16:02
I'm currently using a BA sleeping pad but I slide around quite a bit on it as I tend to flop around while sleeping. Slept on a CCF pad once many years ago but I figure for the price id pick one up and give it a shot. Does anyone use the zlite with a ULA circuit? How do you pack it? Is it possible to strap it to the side of the pack as opposed to the top? Don't have the pack with me right now to observe so I figured I'd ask here. Any experience / advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Studlintsean.

Magic_Rat
05-27-2013, 17:07
I had been strapping it to the top but found that doing this made it difficult to get solid rain cover coverage, so now I put it inside against my back. This doubles as extra frame support too. I have the 3/4 length so it doesn't take up too much space in my pack.

Studlintsean
05-27-2013, 18:36
Did you have to remove any "links" to fit in the pack?

MuddyWaters
05-27-2013, 18:48
If you have room in the pack for it, put it against the side away from your back, possibly wrap around 3 sides. Keeps the heavy weight (food bag) close to your back. Circuit doesnt need any additional stiffening from a foam pad.

Magic_Rat
05-27-2013, 21:57
Did you have to remove any "links" to fit in the pack?

No, but like I said mine is a 3/4 length pad so it ready has a few less links than the normal z lite.

Studlintsean
05-27-2013, 22:22
I just picked up a small at the local REI. Ill try to get it into the pack like MW suggested tomorrow after work and hoping to test it out on the AT this weekend. Thanks for the input.

English Stu
05-28-2013, 06:20
I put it in the side pocket in a trash bag.

Studlintsean
06-02-2013, 19:28
Update: I was able to get out and do 20 miles on the AT this weekend. I put the Zlite inside my ULA circuit along the left side and packed my loose sleeping bag and clothes in a trash bag on the right. All other gear in pack (food, stove, pot, and fuel) on top of the sleeping bag and clothes. It carried very well. I also slept great on the short pad.

jjchgo
06-02-2013, 20:33
thanks for the update, i'm going to give this a try on my next hike. ive never been a fan of caring the zlite on top of the circuit.