PDA

View Full Version : Thru Hikers passing through Vernon NJ

NJPhotoman
05-27-2013, 23:32
Recently I've been spending a lot more time maintaining the AT in Vernon as well as the Delaware Water Gap area. We recently met a few thru hikers passing through and today I took NORSEMAN to lunch, having met him in Amicalola Falls on February 28. He's really moving along with a couple of other hikers who started a week later.

So, in the last week few weeks...

SABER ( Vernon about a week ago)
FIREFEET (Delaware Water Gap)
JOHNNY BLAZE (yesterday in Vernon)
MOUNTAIN GOAT ( North of Millbrook Avenue, Blairstown)

I have photos of most...and have shared them by email when possible. I'll post more information of others I meet on my section of the trail.

Happy Trails~

rocketsocks
05-28-2013, 02:22
I saw Norseman this past weekend too.....North of DWG...also met

Aspen
Leroy Boy

Praha4
05-28-2013, 07:06
awesome.... I met Firefeet and Mountain Goat between Pearisburg and Daleville in April during my VA section hike.... spent a few days with them on the trail, real nice people... I figured they were thru PA by now. Did you see Travis near them? I can't recall Travis' trail name... young guy from Texas, had a few tatoos...hiking with a Granite Gear pack.

love to see any pics of them... I didn't get a chance to wish them good luck the rest of their hikes

Malto
05-28-2013, 08:10
I know you all mean well but did you ask the hikers if they wanted their locations broadcasted to the public. Some don't and other don't post real time location info. Just a thought.