PDA

View Full Version : Overstock REI Columbia River M16-12ZLEK Knife

Wise Old Owl
05-29-2013, 00:07
3.6 ounces holds an edge better than stainless steel or Swiss. Priced right at $69 - Orange is $59. just a heads up I own one. This is very practical for many uses...

Yea I know a few here will beg the question what does this have to do with backpacking?

uh guess.

moytoy
05-29-2013, 03:42
To me your post is relevant to hiking. Not all of us like using a razor blade as a knife:) Personally I would never go into the woods without some kind of knife. I've never Thrued so I don't what I will take for that but it will be something other than a razor blade.
AUS steel is stainless though. The hardness and retention qualities of steel can vary between two identical knifes. So if you've got a knife you like, use it and treasure it.

perdidochas
05-29-2013, 10:15
To me your post is relevant to hiking. Not all of us like using a razor blade as a knife:) Personally I would never go into the woods without some kind of knife. I've never Thrued so I don't what I will take for that but it will be something other than a razor blade.
AUS steel is stainless though. The hardness and retention qualities of steel can vary between two identical knifes. So if you've got a knife you like, use it and treasure it.

The Gerber LST ultralight has a 2 inch blade, and weighs .6 oz and costs $12. I've had the larger version, the Gerber LST, and it's a good knife with 3 inch blade, weight of 1.2 oz, costs $15. Were I an UL hiker, I'd probably choose one of those.

da fungo
05-29-2013, 13:50
I've had the Columbia M16 for several years, and have been very satisfied.

However, the price has gone way up - I paid in the neighborhood of $20 for mine. Even at the outlet prices, I'd probably go with a cheaper alternative.