PDA

View Full Version : Most Bang for Your Buck

BostonBlue
05-29-2013, 21:26
What are the best hostels/hotels and restaurants that are some of the best DEALS as well? The operative word here is BEST. Not interested in cheap AYCE's that you have to gag down or hotels full of bedbugs. :eek:

Double Wide
05-29-2013, 22:40
The Hostel at Mountain Crossings in Neel Gap, Georgia. $15 gets you a comfy bunk, a clean towel, and a hot shower. Great dinner and breakfast cooked by Pirate for a donation. Free pack shakedown upstairs in the outfitter. If you're nice, the girls from the outfitter will drive in to town and fetch beer and cigarettes for you. If you're not a creeper, they'll hang out and have a beer after the store closes, too.

All around a great place.

Dogwood
05-29-2013, 22:44
I thought The Place AYCE and Chinese Food Restauran AYCE(forget the name, I wasn't interested in the name when I've gone there to get my hiker chow on, felt like Augustas in Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Let me through I'm starving) in Waynesboro VA were not only decently priced but decent food too. Most of the AT Hostels catering to a hiker crowd are excellent bang for the buck. Those hostels really put up with hiker antics.

Nooga
05-30-2013, 14:53
i thought that Bearded Woods in Falls Village, CT was a good value. Pickup and ride back to trail, great food, and spotless accommodations.

DavidNH
05-30-2013, 17:18
lets not forget the hikerhostel in delahnega, GA (sorry, I can't spell it!) before the start of the trip!

hikerboy57
05-30-2013, 17:33
kincora- hands down best value for the $5 donation.bob peoples and Seiko are the best!!

Bags4266
05-30-2013, 18:18
Aquone hostel in NC. 5 star 20 dollars to stay and everything is ala cart. Nothing nicer that I seen.

MuddyWaters
05-30-2013, 19:17
lets not forget the hikerhostel in delahnega, GA (sorry, I can't spell it!) before the start of the trip!

$18 for hiker hostel is fantastic with their breakfast. Its an immaculate place.
They make their money shuttling you there, and to trail obviously.

snifur
05-30-2013, 20:18
Green Mountain House Hiker Hostel in Manchester Vermont. By thru-hiker standards this place is a castle and you feel like your on vacation.