PDA

View Full Version : When are the dates - Maine whiteblaze

Blister
07-16-2005, 13:58
If I remember correctly and touched upon it in a conversation recently about a gathering ya'll had up in Maine at Steve Longleys place last year. Will that be happening again this year. I am trying to make some tentative plans when I am heading back east and that might be a good one to work around.

TJ aka Teej
07-16-2005, 21:12
From the WB home page:
2nd annual WhiteBlaze get together (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9515) - by attroll (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=8) On Jul 11, 2005 - I thought I would put our plug out there for the 2nd annual WhiteBlaze get together and trail magic for all AT thru-hikers this year on 10 September at River and Trails in Caratunk Maine. This is the Kennebec Ferryman’s place. Although this does not sound as big as the Billville hiker feed that went on this year. It is only intended for WhiteBlaze members and all past, present and current AT thru-hikers to get together and have an afternoon cookout and campfire and a breakfast Sunday morning.

We had a turnout of 100 people last year. We are hoping for more this year. Putting on a hiker feed for an undetermined amount of people is hard but we did very good year last year for our first year.

So far we have three volunteers coming back to help me and my wife this year. Those three are Walkin Wally and his wife and The Scribe.

Mark you calendars for 10 September and hope to see you all there. __________________
AT Troll

walkin' wally
07-17-2005, 20:35
I will be there to help Attroll but my wife will be in school in New Mexico. If anyone wants to come and help out they are very welcome.

We had a lot of fun last year with the hiker's trail stories some great singing by Gordie. And an impromptu trip to Canada. (Read Fiasco) Customs was not amused. :o

Maybe Bramble will show up again and entertain us with some antics.
Hope to see a bunch of hikers and whiteblazers there. :sun