PDA

View Full Version : Interesting SMD Customer Service(or lack there of) Thread...

Toli
05-30-2013, 16:35
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=77784

Interesting thread about SMD customer service... Shame that Ron's (the owner) replies have been removed, but still food for thought when dealing with Cottage Industries/Defective products/Return Policies...

Sly
05-30-2013, 17:03
Email replies are in the OP.

Seems to me there was a lack of understanding on Yang Lu's part and some miscommunication. Brandon told him to send it back in a priority mail tyvek envelope (1 lb) which would not have cost $21.60. Ron's response was rather than getting an exchange, he canceled the order.

We are confident you will pleased with your Six Moon Designs equipment. However, if for some reason your purchase from Six Moon Designs does not meet your needs, you may return any unused items within 30 days for a full refund (less shipping charges).

Shipping ChargesYou are responsible for paying for postage for all products returned for Warranty Coverage. If the item is covered under Warranty, we'll absorb the return shipping cost. However, if there is a requirement to return the item faster than our normal shipping times, any additional charges will be billed.

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/about-us/policies.html

Malto
05-30-2013, 17:24
Toli,
Why would you post the link to this BS thread on here? It's bad enough that it has 6 pages of bickering on one site. Booo!

Toli
05-30-2013, 17:48
Toli,
Why would you post the link to this BS thread on here? It's bad enough that it has 6 pages of bickering on one site. Booo!

Didn't know you represented WhiteBlaze and were able to determine a BS thread... My bad...

Toli
05-30-2013, 18:00
Email replies are in the OP.

Seems to me there was a lack of understanding on Yang Lu's part and some miscommunication. Brandon told him to send it back in a priority mail tyvek envelope (1 lb) which would not have cost $21.60. Ron's response was rather than getting an exchange, he canceled the order.

There was no misunderstanding on Yang Lu's part...
> Yang,
>
> After we get the shelter in we can reimburse you for shipping costs.
> The shelter should fit nicely in a priority mail tyvek envelope and
> only weight 1 lb.
>
> Please send to
>
> Six Moon Designs
> 8250 SW Nimbus Ave
> Beaverton, OR 97008
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brandon Moak

Why something in that bad of shape was even mailed to a customer still puzzles me...

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/about-us/policies.html

Why something in that bad of shape was even mailed to a customer still puzzles me...

BostonBlue
05-30-2013, 18:01
As I understood it, the customer wanted to exchange the defective tent for a different tent, but it was not in stock. In that case, the shipping should have been refunded as promised.

Welcome to the age of the Internet! The days when less than stellar customer service goes unreported are over. In this case, the customer had pictures, emails and proof as to what had been agreed upon. All the more reason for quality control! Maybe they were just loose threads or maybe not, but these issues should be corrected before the tent is shipped out.

g8trh8tr
05-30-2013, 19:17
I won't go into details but poor service is why I no longer own any SMD gear...others have had great experiences so to each their own..

Toli
05-31-2013, 15:36
That thread has more replies than views on here... Interesting...

MDSection12
05-31-2013, 15:58
I don't think that was a terrible interaction on SMD's part... But it wasn't what I would expect from a cottage guy either. They had an opporunity to suck it up and make a really, really happy customer and they decided to save a few bucks instead. Oh well, if that's how they want to be known then that's on them. Duly noted.

Alligator
05-31-2013, 16:15
This is a customer disagreement posted to another website. The customer has not weighed in on it here. Best to leave your comments over on the other site instead of dragging it over here. Thanks.