PDA

View Full Version : Reward for lost camera near Damascus!

HikerMom58
05-30-2013, 20:52
I'm posting this for our good friend Special K! Special K is currently hiking with her Dad. Her Nikon Coolpix camera fell into the water at US 58, Virginia Creeper Trail. That part of the trail had to be re-routed because of the high water taking out the 5 mile bridge. They went up to inspect the high water. The camera fell into the water right at that spot. Right off that bridge.

The camera is black on one side and orange on the other side. The camera is waterproof and shock proof. She is offering a reward to anyone that finds the camera. Her cell # is 860-712-6045. Please, if anyone finds this camera let her know. The pics and video's she took of her and her dad's AT hike are priceless.

Thanks... HM

scudder
05-30-2013, 21:48
This post makes me want to take a photo of my contact information and leave it in my camera's memory , promising a reward for its return. I once left a camera in the overhead bin on a vacation in the Florida Keys-a huge loss. I hope your friend gets her camera back.

HikerMom58
05-31-2013, 12:33
THanks Scudder.. I hope someone finds it. I'm sorry for your loss 2. My friend is hoping if someone finds it there will enough identifying pieces in the camera to help them return it to her or someone in the area that she has reported the missing camera. The Damascus police and the Mt Rogers Outfitters, for example, know of her loss.

MyName1sMud
05-31-2013, 14:03
This post makes me want to take a photo of my contact information and leave it in my camera's memory , promising a reward for its return. I once left a camera in the overhead bin on a vacation in the Florida Keys-a huge loss. I hope your friend gets her camera back.
Wow. Thanks for the idea. I've never even thought about doing that before.

Best of luck on your friend finding her camera.

HikerMom58
05-31-2013, 14:43
Wow. Thanks for the idea. I've never even thought about doing that before.

Best of luck on your friend finding her camera.

THanks Mud!! :) That is a really good idea for all of us.. thanks scudder!!

Lone Wolf
05-31-2013, 23:50
i spent an hour and a half walkin' up and down the creek from the bridge to where it runs into the big creek. no sign of the camera

drifter
06-01-2013, 00:23
That is great for trying LW, what a bummer to lose those priceless pictures!

Special K
06-06-2013, 19:47
i spent an hour and a half walkin' up and down the creek from the bridge to where it runs into the big creek. no sign of the camera

Hi All! Dad and I are in Pearisburg, VA and have access to a computer. All is well except for the heartbreaking loss of my orange, Nikon camera. It contains over 500 pictures and video of our epic journey from our first steps on Springer Mountain to our hike out of Damascus, VA. I can't begin to tell you how much beauty I have captured on that camera, not only of the trail but of the people and places along the way.

My sincere and deepest gratitude to HikerMom and LoneWolf...I can't thank you enough for all you've done! The kindness of people here has been astounding! I hang onto the hope that one day it will be found. There are truly trail angels among us; I have met them!

The camera dropped right where the first footbridge would have been. The camera appeared to have been carried away, down a small falls. If it was carried away, it would've been taken down-stream and possibly carried beneath the underpass tunnel that goes under the main paved road. I think from there it flows into the water along the creeper trail. But, we have a strong feeling it may be right where it fell originally and caught up on a rock by the neck strap. We searched and searched and searched, but finally had to move on. If by some chance anyone stumbles upon it you may also call (860)292-1871 and leave a message.

Heading to Daleville next. Can't wait to meet you HikerMom! :)

Lone Wolf
06-06-2013, 19:54
i'll look again soon when the creek is real low

HikerMom58
06-06-2013, 19:57
i'll look again soon when the creek is real low

Thanks LW... I didn't see your other post until now. Thanks so much for your help. You're the BEST, LW!!

Can't wait to meet you Special K!! :)

Special K
06-06-2013, 20:01
Thank you both AGAIN!!!!! Have to go, my time on the computer is up. See you soon HikerMom.

Take Care All!