PDA

View Full Version : looking for a two night max patch hike

BigBadger
06-08-2013, 18:46
I'm looking for a two night Max Patch hike and a trail map. I'm having trouble finding a good trail map of the area.

My preggers wife is coming, so we are looking for something that isn't strenuous. The best I have come up with is to park at the max patch road trail head and hike the few miles to the top. Then we will find a place to camp and then do day hikes for a few days and then hike back down to the parking lot. I hate having such a loose plan though.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

rick2911
06-08-2013, 19:19
you could go to roan mountain state park and stay in the campground, drive up to the AT at Carvers Gap and hike to the balds. very nice area. there are trails within the park too. I don't know much about max patch but I have walked up to the top from the parking area. I found it fairly uneventful, but didn't hike any more than that there. hot springs area is nice too, but it is uphill out of there in both directions. which reminds me, there is a campground out of hot springs called bluff mountain - small and tucked away. you could camp there and take some of the trails in the hot springs area - hot springs is a great little trail town.

BigBadger
06-09-2013, 22:17
thanks Rick

I think we are going to do lemon gap to max patch and back.