PDA

View Full Version : June: NB Cove Mtn-Waynesboro

shelb
06-11-2013, 23:17
Actually - VA 43 NB to Waynesboro (US 250) in 9 days...

Hopefully last part of this month!

Any advise? Better or worse shelters? Shuttle suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Deer Hunter
06-11-2013, 23:44
Best shelter is Bryant Ridge shelter. Water there is iffy during the summer. Boblets Gap shelter has about the same water situation. Cove mountain shelter has no water. The stretch between Johns Hollow shelter and Punchbowl shelter has no water. Cow Camp shelter is 1/2 mile off the side of the mountain but has good water. Hog Camp Gap has a trail through the field to a spring but it is almost 1/2 mile also. That is what I can think of off the top of my head. If you need a shuttle on the weekend, I may be able to help.

shelb
06-13-2013, 00:58
...need a shuttle on the weekend, I may be able to help.

Thanks, Deer Hunter! I appreciate the shelter info. We are still working out the information for dates/shuttles. I did find the shuttle list on WB, but thank you for your info. On Friday, I will find out if the new job I planned on starting next Monday has been eliminated (yes, it sucks!). If that happens, my hiking buddy suggested we begin hiking next week and complete another 100 mile section since our husbands and sons will be at Scout Camp. (Honestly: I am secretly wishing the job doesn't happen!).

Deer Hunter
06-13-2013, 09:34
Thanks, Deer Hunter! I appreciate the shelter info. We are still working out the information for dates/shuttles. I did find the shuttle list on WB, but thank you for your info. On Friday, I will find out if the new job I planned on starting next Monday has been eliminated (yes, it sucks!). If that happens, my hiking buddy suggested we begin hiking next week and complete another 100 mile section since our husbands and sons will be at Scout Camp. (Honestly: I am secretly wishing the job doesn't happen!).

If I can help with a shuttle or you want more details about that section, PM me or ask here on this thread. I will help any way I can.