PDA

View Full Version : Grundies?

Fur Queue
06-12-2013, 09:19
Ok guys...dialing it all in now for SOBO in late June...what grundies do you recommend? I understand that boxer briefs are preferable is this true? Why? Any brands in particular? And why not just ride bareback? Any and all suggestions appreciated...within reason...

snifur
06-12-2013, 09:23
let it go free brother! just a pair of shorts is all you need. the more air your nether region gets the better and less chaffing.

moldy
06-12-2013, 09:41
Here is what works for me. Non-cotton, 100% poly something spandexey, one size smaller than normal, tight fitting, mid thigh or longer legs. Sport Jockey Brand. This works for me because nothing rubs together and causes friction or the big chafe.

Almost There
06-12-2013, 09:42
If you got the money...merino wool boxer briefs...I am a complete and total convert!...and they don't stink!!!

FarmerChef
06-12-2013, 10:05
If you got the money...merino wool boxer briefs...I am a complete and total convert!...and they don't stink!!!

+1 to this. However, I don't quite have the money so I opted for some Champion compression shorts from le target (pronounced lay tar-szhay) ;). The compression shorts help keep things separated and reduce chafing to almost non existant for me. Totally free down there would result in the opposite. Body Glide is your friend...

jeffmeh
06-12-2013, 12:58

+2. http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sales/search.html?mv_session_id=mhXfGpJR&q=merino+boxer

d of goods tends to have good discounts, albeit with limited selection of sizes and colors (usually last year's closeouts). I have purchased quite a few pieces from them.

bigcranky
06-12-2013, 13:03
Warm weather - commando. Cool or cold weather - merino boxer briefs.

Turk6177
06-12-2013, 14:17
I wear Under Armour boxer briefs with a fly. I don't like the fit of the heat gear ones without the fly.

Double Wide
06-12-2013, 20:05
Here is what works for me. Non-cotton, 100% poly something spandexey, one size smaller than normal, tight fitting, mid thigh or longer legs. Sport Jockey Brand. This works for me because nothing rubs together and causes friction or the big chafe.

This!

I can't hang (literally) with the 'going commando' philosophy on hot days. The boys feel better when restrained.

Fur Queue
06-12-2013, 23:00
Any itch or scratch factor with the merino wool? I'm a sensitive guy.....

Deer Hunter
06-12-2013, 23:03
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___34268

MuddyWaters
06-12-2013, 23:13
Walmart compression shorts work good, $10

Ranger panties also work good in hottest weather for folks without chafing issues.

LIhikers
06-13-2013, 02:05
Here's what I like.
(http://www.sierratradingpost.com/terramar-underwear-boxer-briefs-four-way-stretch-for-men~p~15641/?filterString=mens-underwear-and-base-layer~d~155%2FTerramar~b~2010%2F&colorFamily=27)They're soft, comfortable, stretchy, and wick really well.

LIhikers
06-13-2013, 02:07
Here's what I like.
(http://www.sierratradingpost.com/terramar-underwear-boxer-briefs-four-way-stretch-for-men~p~15641/?filterString=mens-underwear-and-base-layer~d~155%2FTerramar~b~2010%2F&colorFamily=27)They're soft, comfortable, stretchy, and wick really well.
All of that plus the price is right.

Fur Queue
06-13-2013, 16:59
I was hoping there was some consensus like there is with socks!! Anyway, loads of great info and suggestions here...thanks guys!

kidchill
06-13-2013, 17:45
Awww...he's sensitive ;) I bought and wore some UA boxer briefs, but they're the old style. I bought a pair of the new style and hated them, so I didn't bring em...When I was in NH I found some older style ones that rocked! Alas, I can't find them anywhere now.

Dogwood
06-13-2013, 21:19
Choo choo Freeball Express pushing ahead. That or liner in running shorts. As Gump said "I like to dangle." Let the boys run free.

Wise Old Owl
06-13-2013, 22:11
let it go free brother! just a pair of shorts is all you need. the more air your nether region gets the better and less chaffing.

Spoken well for a younger man ... as you get a "little" older ,,, better with compression shorts if you are over say some 15-25 pounds portly.

Any itch or scratch factor with the merino wool? I'm a sensitive guy.....

Yea skip it... I am Owl of few words, Polypro and Underarmour.

rocketsocks
06-14-2013, 02:10
+1 to this. However, I don't quite have the money so I opted for some Champion compression shorts from le target (pronounced lay tar-szhay) ;). The compression shorts help keep things separated and reduce chafing to almost non existant for me. Totally free down there would result in the opposite. Body Glide is your friend...

Yep, Tar-szay for me, the C9 Champion brand is cheap, stinks, and drinks so they stay dry, smelly, and disposable.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=boxer+briefs&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_boxer+briefs